“What a find in Mt.Pleasant s!c”
Review of La Pizzeria

La Pizzeria
Ranked #27 of 333 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Charleston SC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a find in Mt.Pleasant s!c”
Reviewed November 14, 2010

If you are looking for the "real deal" local Italian restaurant, right across the bridge from Charleston sc, you won't be disappointed. Everything is made on premises including cheeses. No freezer in this place - everything is from local sources. Just like Italy. Small but with a cozy, somewhere else atmosphere. Great Food, value, and a warm accomodating staff. First Rate service. Can't wait to go back! We live right here but our son told us about it only recently. They set up a table for 8. Not a long wait but it gets busy on weekends. New fave!!!

Charleston, South Carolina
“Wonderful Italian find!”
Reviewed November 5, 2010

A friend introduced several of us recently to La Pizzeria and we were just thrilled. The owners and staff are so friendly and make you feel like they are welcoming you into their home. My husband and I split the prosciutto pizza, 2 split the Gamberetti pizza and the friend who brought has there had the Philly Cheese Steak sandwich. Everyone loved their food and I would say this is definitely my favorite pizza now in the Charleston area. We had the tiramisu for dessert and it was by far the best I've had in the States. So nice and light. La Pizzeria is owned by a delightful Italian/Georgian couple (Georgia as in the country) and it is very apparent a native Italian is doing the cooking. We look forward to returning and trying some of their pastas, sandwiches and salads.

1 Thank Loriinchas
itsalikelystory
“A Taste of Italy in South Carolina!”
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Easily the best pizza in Mt. Pleasant, probably the best in the tri-county area. After moving down here from the northeast, I realized that SC is seriously lacking in the pizza department. Thank you La Pizzeria! BEST PIZZA. Great thin crust, very authentic toppings (my fav was the eggplant, provolone and zucchini with balsalmic - just like pizza I had in Florence!) and family owned. The inside is decent enough, though tiny, with classic, old world charm and the regular Italian menu is good too. But the pizza is why I come. The pizza is why I drive 20 minutes to pick up a pie. Excellent quality, great variety of by the slice choices and killer whole pies. Do yourself a favor and eat here!