“One of the best pizza places in Mount Pleasant”
Review of La Pizzeria

La Pizzeria
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I should eat here more often. The pizza is always great. The choices are great and different from standard pizza places. The owner is really nice and funny. She frequently yells at the staff in Italian. I believe most are her family. Normally that would bother me but for some reason I find it entertaining there. I believe if they had a different location they would be swamped all the time. Recommended.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

For some good pizza after visiting the USS Yorktown go here. Great pizza, reasonable price, and friendly staff. Very close to the Patriots Point entrance. However opens at 330pm on the weekdays.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Very good hand made pizza with friendly and accommodating staff. The desserts are outstanding. They are all either made on site or flash frozen and imported from Italy. We didn't try any of the regular main dishes but they looked good, It's a (very) small, informal neighborhood place so don't expect any more than that. Great for carry-out if you want it in Mt. Pleasant.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Amazing food. Owner operated. Not good for large groups. Order lots of different dishes and take dessert home for breakfast - its worth it. Low staff turnover. Servers are know the menu and the wine list. I LOVE this place. A tiny treasure.

1  Thank CMPofCharleston
Reviewed July 16, 2013

OK, I know this is debatable, but I am ready to put up tonight's pizza at La Pizzeria against the best I've ever had. That includes John's of Bleeker Street in NYC and Campisi's in Dallas, among others. Yes, I know, you don't believe me, but tonight I had the closest thing you can have to a religious experience while eating pizza. The Margarita, add prosciutto. Crispy thin crust, like New York brick-oven crispy, dressed with home-made San Marzano tomato sauce - perfectly sweet yet savory. Then out of the oven piping hot and topped with fresh mozzarella, shredded basil, and thin sliced prosciutto. Salty prosciutto combines with the sweet San Marzano tomatoes, tempered by the smooth mozzarella, to form the ultimate pizza. Prove me wrong...I am willing to learn.