“Quite good”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Graze

Graze
Reserve with OpenTable
Graze is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Houston Northcutt and Hwy 17 N.
Transit: There is a Carta Bus stop merely 100 yards from our front door.
Toronto
“Quite good”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I had planned to eat here on our trip to Charleston and luckily found a groupon for it a few months before our trip!

In a strip plaza with Whole Foods, so it was a bit hard to see at first. We came for lunch on a Saturday and the place wasn't crowded it all. I ordered a fried chicken sandwich, hubby got a prime rib sandwich, eldest son got the short rib tacos, and younger one got the kids chicken and waffles.

We started with the calamari appetizer. It came out quick, and the calamari was cooked perfectly but the they were cut in strips and the batter was not crunch, so they were kind of limp. Didn't fancy the dipping sauce it came with.

Didn't have to wait long for our food. My son loved his short rib tacos. The meat was extremely tender, and the flavour was excellent. He was very happy. My husband's prime rib was very good and I loved the onion straws on top. Mine was topped with a slaw and blue cheese. I found the blue cheese way too overpowering for the sandwich, so I had to remove most of it. Also there was a flavoured mayo on top (can't remember which), but way too much of it. Would've preferred less, or better yet serve it on the side. Fries were perfect. Younger son loved his chicken and waffle, and portion size was perfect.

Nothing on the dessert menu tempted us, so we called it a meal. Overall a very good meal, and prices reasonable. Not sure if I'd go out of my way to eat here, but if you're in the area it's definitely a great option.

1 Thank TOtravlr

Hilton Head Island, SC
“Good but not great.”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stopped by for a lunch and were quickly seated at a nice window table. Food was just OK with my wife ordering fish and chips, and I ordered the shrimp carbonara. Both dishes were reasonably priced, but just average overall. Would probably go back for another try, but may opt to go elsewhere in the neighborhood.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Best yet!!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I must admit that despite my friends urging, I have avoided this place because of the prejudicial thought that there cannot be a good restaurant in a strip mall. Has my opinion ever changed. From decor, to wait staff, to food - all the way through dessert - this has to have been one of my favorite meals yet. I highly, highly recommend you save room and finish the meal with the PB gelato dessert concoction. So worth every single calorie. I loved this place and look forward to going again!

1 Thank Anne O
Charleston,SC
“Great Choices!!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We sat down to a menu of about 50 choices, and then the waitperson came around with the 5 daily specials!! We wound up ordering 3 items each, and still regretted not having whatever it was that passed us on the way to another table. Oh, and everything was delicious. One minor niggle, there was no bread available, but when we wanted something with our soup, the waitperson came up with a basket of toast points - even better than bread in this case, but still...

1 Thank TheFoodLegend
Washington, D.C.
“Never disappoints!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We travel from DC to visit Mount Pleasant, a lot. Graze is our official "must go to" while in town. The staff always has the southern charm that embodies the south. Everyone is always warm, welcoming and friendly. My husband is a HUGE fan of chicken and waffles! Everything is tastey from the Oyster Po'Boy all the way down to the grilled cheese!! We love the fact that the menu changes somewhat frequently to incorporate seasonal ingredients! This is a great spot for ladies night, happy hour or a romantic date night with your special someone. No matter the company, one thing is for sure, you will not be disappointed by the food.

• Visited February 2013