“Consistently good”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Charleston, SC
“Consistently good”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I've been to the Tap Room on many, many occasions. My favorite time to visit is in late spring, early summer and late fall...because they open the garage door style windows and its amazing to sit in there with a nice breeze. It feels like sitting outside but without the bugs, or the blazing sun.

This location used to be T-Bonz which is part of the same restaurant group as Liberty and Kaminsky's. I like it much better as Liberty than I ever did as T-Bonz.

There are a number of great things that Liberty does well, but top amongst them is their burgers. Hand ground in-house and cooked to order. They don't advertise this, but if you ask, you can get pimento cheese on your burger. It's amazing!

Their nachos are awesome as well, but ask for them to go light on the queso or to put it on the side, otherwise the chips get soggy pretty quickly.

I almost always order a caprese salad or a fresh fruit and mixed greens salad. Really fresh and really good.

They usually have a few desserts from Kaminsky's as well and are usually excellent.

The location is really good and they have some really creative martinis as well. Often times they run some beer specials, especially during/after the Cooper River Bridge Run.

Liberty is a old tried and true stand-by and we usually hit them up when we are in Mt. P craving a burger.

• Visited October 2012
thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at Liberty Tap Room, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
We hope to have you back in soon for a burger at Liberty Tap Room in Mt. Pleasant.

Chapin, South Carolina
“Extra Effort”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I visited on a Tuesday night, but we didn't arrive until 10PM which is the time the grill closes. We were assured that we could still get something to eat, and did enjoy the best hamburgers we have had in a long time. The staff were so polite, and Stephen was a great waiter. When we make it back to Mount Pleasant, we will definitely visit Liberty Tap Room again.

• Visited March 2013
“Maybe we just had a bad experience...”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Atmosphere was nice, service was fine, but I was disappointed that we were charged $6 for a bowl of soup (which my husband loved) that we thought would be comped considering he ordered the fish of the day (Atlantic Cod) and then the waiter came back to tell us they were out of Cod. He offered the Monk fish. My husband asked if it would fill him up. The waiter answered honestly and said "no" so my husband asked if he could throw in a bowl of crab soup and the waiter said yes. Shouldn't that be complimentary since they had run out of their fish of the day that the waiter didn't know was out when my husband ordered it? Also, my husband ordered Mac-n-cheese as a side and was given mashed potatoes. I had a salad with Steak and Ginger dressing. It was good, but I hoped the beef would be grilled - not cold. The corn muffin it came with was great. If we go back, I will try the ribs since the waiter told us that they're "award winning" when he dilivered our food. Why didn't he tell us that when he greeted us????

thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at Liberty Tap Room, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for dining with us at Liberty Tap Room and Grill in Mt. Pleasant and thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience. It was great to hear how much you enjoyed the atmosphere, service, as well as the She Crab Soup and Corn Muffins. It was unfortunate, however, to hear your comments regarding the lack of attention to detail in the remainder of your experience. We apologize that your meal did not entirely emphasize the highly detailed and personalized approach that we instill in our staff. You are absolutely correct in your comments regarding how the situation should have been handled and there is no excuse for this lack of focus. As you mentioned, our ribs are delicious and award winning, and with that in mind, we would love the chance to take care of you again, in order to offer the complete and total experience that represents the truly high standard by which we operate. Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon.
Charleston, South Carolina
“mediocre at best”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Went on Sunday for lunch. Restaurant was not crowded at all yet service was incredibly slow. I frequented Liberty often when it first opened - I am afraid to say both the quality and service seem to have dimished. Food was just OK, not great - nothing special. We were out running errands in Mt P and picked Liberty based on great past experiences. I hate to say that I won't be back when there are so many other more appealing options in the area.

• Visited February 2013
thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at Liberty Tap Room, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for dining with us this past Sunday at Liberty Tap Room in Mt. Pleasant. We appreciate the time you took to provide us feedback on your experience. It was nice to hear that you have been a guest of ours since we first opened, as well as your comments on your previous great experiences. We were upset, however, to hear your comments regarding your recent experience. We are always working to improve the quality of our food and the service to our guests. Our goal is to provide a personalized and highly hospitable style of service, coupled with delicious food. Clearly, in your recent experience, these goals were not upheld and emphasized. Based on your previous experiences, we love the chance to serve you again, in order to display the true standards by which we operate. Thank you once again for your comments and we hope to see you again soon.
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great Happy Hour Specials”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

During Happy Hour, you can get their house beer (Made on site) for $2.50 a pint and Appetizers for $5.00.

They excel in customer service as well-the bartenders are amazing & the manager will come over and make certain everything is ok.

• Visited December 2012
thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at Liberty Tap Room, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for joining us for Happy Hour at the Liberty Tap Room in Mt. Pleasant. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed happy hour and that our staff was excellent. We hope to have you back again soon.