“Amazing experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Nature Adventures Outfitters
Ranked #1 of 29 Tours in Mount Pleasant
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Charleston’s Absolute Best Kayak & Canoe tour company. University Degreed Naturalist Guides, Coastal and River Kayak ACA Instructors. Sea or Recreational Kayaks or Canoes. See Dolphins and Pelicans at eye level! Blackwater Swamps with old growth Cypress, Rice Plantations, Barrier Islands, Saltmarsh Creeks, Shrimping Villages & Indian Ruins. Families & Beginners Welcome! “Recommended Outfitter” –National Geographic, On Site Location. Closest company to Charleston! .
Simpsonville, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

I absolutely love kayaking and for my graduation, my mom and I booked an excursion with Nature Adventure Outfitters. While I have been kayaking before my mom was hesitant to do this with me. However, the pace was perfect and the guide never put pressure on anyone to speed up. It was awesome being able to kayak along side dolphins and manatees! Our guide gave interesting historical information about Shem Creek as well as the different types of wildlife that inhabits the area. My mom absolutely loved the trip and even wants to do it again. I recommend this outfitter to any person of any age who wants to kayak (even if it's their first time because they give a quick lesson before you even start). Amazing!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Sarah S
NatureAdventures, Owner at Nature Adventures Outfitters, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you Sarah for coming to paddle with us on Shem Creek. We're also glad you brought your mom! We love to get everyone on the water, from ages 4 and up, so come back and see us.

Nature Adventures Outfitters, Inc.
Exploring the Waters of Mt. Pleasant, Francis Marion National Forest, ACE Basin and
the Cape Romain National Wildlife Refuges

Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

We had a wonderful experience renting kayaks. Dolphins were right in the creek swimming alongside the kayakers. Reasonably priced and very friendly, pleasant staff.

Visited July 2014
Thank you so much for your review and for the kind words about our staff.
We hope you will come back and paddle with us again.

Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Paddle boarding was a success!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

My friends and I decided to try out paddle boarding for the first time, we are so happy we did! The people at Nature Adventures could not of been more helpful and polite. Before we went out on the paddle boards, they gave us instructions on how to use the paddles and also a detailed description of where to paddle board in Shem Creek. We also got to see dolphins while out there! The day was great, and I will definitely be back to do it again. Well worth the money!

Visited July 2014
Thank you for coming to paddle board with us and the dolphins on Shem Creek. Our visitors experiences are important to us. We hope you'll come back and paddle with us again! Thank you for your review.Also, come and explore our other areas including the Francis Marion National Forest, ACE Basin and the Cape Romain National Wildlife Refuges

Charleston, South Carolina
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“1st Time Paddle Boarding”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

So I decided to venture out of my comfort zone and try this paddle boarding thing! I'm so glad I did. You go all over Shem Creek and you can take your time and enjoy yourself. At 1st was hard to get my balance but once I got the hang of it there was no stopping! It was fun but it did cost a little bit much but well worth it…if your reading this…STOP and go do it!!

2 Thank Chris_Boehmke
Thank you for coming to paddle board with us on Shem Creek. Our visitors experiences are important to us. We hope you'll come back and say hello again! Thank you.

the Cape Romain National Wildlife Refuges
Waynesville, North Carolina
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

I had no idea we would be paddling out to Crab Bank rookery in Charleston harbor. I felt like I was in a PBS nature show with literally hundreds of birds flying and landing around us. It was amazing. Who knew that baby pelicans were so adorable? On the way back to Shem Creek, we paddled alongside dolphins as they snacked next to a shrimp boat. Our guide was excellent, knowledgeable and patient. Can't wait to go back!

2 Thank alexmush
Thank you for coming to paddle with us on Shem Creek and thank you for the great review of our guide. They love their jobs and appreciate this feedback. Our visitors experiences are important to us! Thank you.

Nature Adventures Outfitters, Inc