“Absolutely AMAZING family outing!”

Nature Adventures Outfitters
Ranked #1 of 29 Tours in Mount Pleasant
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Charleston’s Absolute Best Kayak & Canoe tour company. University Degreed Naturalist Guides, Coastal and River Kayak ACA Instructors. Sea or Recreational Kayaks or Canoes. See Dolphins and Pelicans at eye level! Blackwater Swamps with old growth Cypress, Rice Plantations, Barrier Islands, Saltmarsh Creeks, Shrimping Villages & Indian Ruins. Families & Beginners Welcome! “Recommended Outfitter” –National Geographic, On Site Location. Closest company to Charleston! .
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“Absolutely AMAZING family outing!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We spent a picturesque day in Mt Pleasant with the folks at NAO yesterday and it was borderline MAGICAL. Truly. We have 3 kids (14,12,7) and took them out for their first kayaking adventure yesterday. It was so nice to get them to unplug from video games, cell phones and laptops and just get out with the family and enjoy nature while spending time together. Our instructor was fantastic with the kids and extremely engaged. He made sure our family was safe, well informed and having fun from the moment we arrived until we waved goodbye 4 hours later. The highlight of the day of course was the dolphin that came right up to my 7 year old who was in the front of my tandem Kayak. We will definitely be back and will recommend NAO to friends, family and anyone who is looking for an incredible, cost effective family outing. Was the BEST day of the entire spring break week!

Visited April 2013
NatureAdventures, Owner at Nature Adventures Outfitters, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Wow—thanks for your kind words! I'm thrilled to hear how much you and your family enjoyed your kayaking adventure. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share you experience here on TripAdvisor. I know your guides had a great time and enjoyed your company. We hope to see you again soon!

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“So much fun!!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone!! My 14 yr old brother took a kayak camp here last summer, and grew to love kayaking so much that he asked for a kayak for Christmas! He had nothing but great things to say about the camp. Since I don't have a kayak, I rented one from Nature Adventures a few weekends ago to go kayaking with him. The employees were so nice, and they gave us both a map which was very helpful. One of the employees even washed my brother's kayak off for him when we got back from kayaking! It is only $36 for 3-4 hours, which is very reasonable. There is also a $5 discount for locals. We had so much fun!

Visited March 2013
NatureAdventures, Owner at Nature Adventures Outfitters, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. It is so gratifying to hear how much of an impact our kayak camps had on your brother—we're glad he got you into it as well! Showing you a great time and being "helpful" is what we're all about. The team said you all were a pleasure to have. We hope to see you again!

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed the kayaks very much! Rented them and loved every minute! Got to see dolphins playing, birds, and great view of the harbor. It was very relaxing and peaceful we caught ourselves just sitting and enjoying the scenery. There were great picture opportunities. This was my first time in a kayak and they were great instructors and it was a great experience!

1 Thank carolinasue
NatureAdventures, Owner at Nature Adventures Outfitters, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I'm thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed kayaking! I'm glad you got to see such amazing wildlife—your guides said they had a great time showing you around. We hope to see you again sometime!

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Kayaking on Penny Creek”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We took a group of 20 active seniors kayaking on Penny Creek. It was one of our best events ever. Kayaking with a group of friends with experienced guides, well informed, patient with those of us who aren't kayak experts -- so a good day was had by all. Would recommend anyone thinking about kayaking to check with Nature Adventures. Great job!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank janice r
NatureAdventures, Owner at Nature Adventures Outfitters, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Janice,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. I'm so happy to hear how much you and your group enjoyed your kayak tour. I appreciate your recommendation and all you have to say! The guides had a wonderful time also and said they would love to kayak with your group again. Hope to see you again sometime.

Charleston, South Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Always great fun.”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have taken a number of different kayak trips with them and consistently have a great time. I have done both marsh and blackwater tours. Guides are always friendly and well informed, giving all sorts of into and tips on the area and sights.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank endosunshine
NatureAdventures, Owner at Nature Adventures Outfitters, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I couldn't be happier to hear how satisfied you've been with our kayak trips! Ensuring that you have a "great time" on a consistent basis means a lot to me. I appreciate all you have to say and we hope to see you again soon.