“Trip highlight”

Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Called the crown jewel of Mount Pleasant, Memorial Waterfront Park offers more than just your average park. Located under the grand entryway to the town, at the base of the Ravenel Bridge, this park has plenty of lawn for enjoying family picnics, a nautical-themed playground modeled after the bridge that provides shade and the boats that pass by in the harbor, and soft-serve ice cream from the River Watch Cafe. The cafe offers beautiful views of Charleston Harbor and a 1,250-foot-long pier where you can sit and swing a while. Memorial Waterfront Park is also home to the Sweetgrass Cultual Arts Pavilion, War Memorial and Visitor Center.
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My husband and I have been planning our trip to the Charleston area for over six months and this was at the top of our list for must sees and we were glad it lived up to our expectations. We would definetly recommend this to anyone with interest and worth the money to get in.

1  Thank neotispainting

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Beautiful park. The landscape is so pretty! Couples, families, children running/playing, a couple was having a small outdoor wedding the afternoon we were there.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Kudos to the town or Mount Pleasant for creating this wonderful park, we visit every time we visit and walk the bridge (6 mi round trip) for exercise.

1  Thank Peter V
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I loved it....About 10 years ago I took a picture on one of the swings of my Mom and Dad and it was included in an art table book which is now in the Library of Congress.. This trip, I took one of my husband and me..

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Gorgeous fountains, lots of trees, plenty of places to sit or walk. The oversized porch swings on the dock are an especially nice touch!

1  Thank DanielleW58