“Awesome and Redeemed our trip”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
higgypiggy
“Awesome and Redeemed our trip”
Reviewed February 24, 2010

We stayed at Holiday Inn Express after a "not so good" experience at another hotel. We were greeted by Bert who helped. He worked his magic on that little keyboard and presented us with a key to an absolutely delightful room. Also, he let us know that we could rely on hot water in the shower, yummy breakfast in the mornings (free) as well as an indoor pool to soak in after our tourist filled days, a business center to help get things done while we were away from work as well as a gym to stay in shape while we were away! Lets not forget the free internet to plan our next day of sightseeing. We will go out of our way to come to this hotel and staff again! You go Bert!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
bgriggs, Front Desk Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this review, March 3, 2010
Our staff at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites are glad that you had such a wonderful experience! We take pleasure in insuring the guest experience is a great one. Thank you so very much for your kind review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Kannapolis, North Carolina
Reviewed February 15, 2010

We loved this hotel. It was spotless, of course it is new. I think only 3 months old. The staff was wonderful and very helpful. Breakfast was the usual except for the cinnamon rolls, they were outstanding. We will stay here again when in the Charleston area. We did have quite a treat while in Charleston, it snowed 3 inches. the snow was gone the next day. I reccommed this hotel.

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
bgriggs, Front Desk Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this review, February 17, 2010
We are pleased that you had an outstanding stay with us at the property! The three inches of snow was quite a suprise to all of us in Mt. Pleasant and the surrounding areas. Thanks for your comments and we look forward to seeing you next time!
North Carolina
Reviewed February 4, 2010

Am a regular at Holiday Inn's. This is one of their newer hotels. From start to finish, my stay was wonderful. When there was a mix up in my reservation on the Saturday evening, Bert the front desk manager was quick to sort it out. His professionalism, politeness and demeanor made it impossible for me to be upset with them. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, they get an 11. I will be using this hotel again and again. It is close to the Ravenel Bridge ( great walk early morning) and new park.
Downtown shopping and the Mount Pleasant Shopping center it is within easy reach. If you just want to stay in your room Whole Foods with their glorious salad bar and hot bar are just across the road..

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
bgriggs, Front Desk Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this review, February 11, 2010
Our staff at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites can not thank you enough for your kind review! We are very pleased that we excelled your expectations and look forward to your visit next time you are within the area.
Atlanta
Reviewed January 25, 2010

I stayed at this hotel over the Christmas holidays while visiting family in Mt. Pleasant. I was told this hotel had recently opened (November?). I was very impressed with this hotel, its rooms, and the guest service levels.

I stayed in a king room and the bed was fabulous. The room has well appointed furnishings, flat screen tv, and a large bathroom. My room was spotlessly clean! I must also share that the young man working the front desk (Jess?) was extremely helpful. He helped me with directions to restaurants.

Breakfast area felt like a restaurant and the choices for breakfast were plentiful!

I was very impressed by this hotel's recycling efforts. My congratulations to the owners for recognizing that being green is important!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
bgriggs, Front Desk Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this review, January 30, 2010
Our staff at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites is proud to take part of the green efforts that the owners are instilling at the property. We take pleasure in serving our guest and hope that you will choose the greenest hotel in the area the next time you traveling!
Oak Ridge, NC
Reviewed January 13, 2010

I travel 75% of the time to various cities on the East Coast and generally try to stay at Holiday Inn Express. But I must write a review on the is hotel......outstanding. From the time I checked in last night (around 9:30) the hotel staff was extremly attentive, asking if I needed anything, how my room was, etc. However, that does not top the service I received this morning from Bret, front desk. I called around 9:30 to ask what time the breakfast closed and he said 9:30 but would call me back and try to make arrangements....let me remind you that I had the same situation sevearl times and most staff at hotels just say "sorry you missed it"....not here, he promptly called back and said they would make arrangements. So I hurried out of the room to find him waiting to direct me to the breakfast that was left out. Nice start to the morning. Then there is more....I called to inquire about the printer in the office area and mentioned it was on backorder but offered to look up each individual place for me and print directions. These are 2 areas of service that this hotel has been above the call of duty. I highly recommend this locaiton to any business travelers. Nice, well lit parking lot. Comfortable, well conditioned rooms. So very happy with the level of service that I will not stay anywhere else in town.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
bgriggs, Front Desk Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this review, January 26, 2010
Western North Carolina
Reviewed December 30, 2009

This newly remodeled green hotel went far beyond my expectations for a hotel. When checking in, there was no record of our reservation, although we had a confirmation number. It seems that the 800 number used to make the reservation was a service used by HI, not HI themselves. This service booked us in the Holiday Inn that was two doors down, not in the HI Express. The desk manager, Brad, contacted the Holiday Inn to notify them that we were booked there by mistake and would be staying in the Express; thus, preventing any possible additional cancellation charges. He then upgraded us, gave us a discount, and all with a friendly smile and without being asked. The room was spacious, clean, quiet, and tastefully decorated. As soon as we requested something, it was taken care of. We were right across the bridge from Charleston and all the shopping, sights, and restaurants. The free breakfast was typical continental style. Overall, this was well worth the amount paid.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Mt. Pleasant, SC. We strive hard to provide excellent personal service to all of our guest. Our staff is very proud to be apart of the green initiatives in which are instilled at the property. We hope you decide to choose our property upon your next travels through the area!
Atlanta
Reviewed December 26, 2009

This was my first trip to Charleston and this location allowed us to travel from hotel to all our sightseeing venues in a timely manner. Easy to follow direction from hotel to interstate and highways.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
bgriggs, Front Desk Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this review, December 29, 2009
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites! The brand new property is perfectly located to all restaurants, shopping & sightseeing venues. If you decide to come to the area for business or sightseeing pleasures the Holiday Inn Express & Suites is the perfect location. Thank you for all your pleasant comments. We look forward to seeing you next time on your journey!