“Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed May 19, 2014

4 of us were on a business and pleasure trip staying at the Holiday Inn Express for 5 nights. Check in was no problem and Colleen very helpful.
Room was fine altho we could not prevent the shower from leaking out in one corner. Our towels were used for floor duty too.
Breakfast was very good with hot and cold variety.
My big complaint was our room not being cleaned one day and we were left with one bath towel.
I called the front desk and Colleen gathered up an arm full. After a busy day we wanted showers
before going out for dinner.
I had asked housekeeping when she stopped by the the room at 2:30 if she could come back at
3:15 and she said yes. We left the room and returned at 5:00 only to discover -- not cleaned.
I was told that those staying long term had their room cleaned last.
Other than Colleen and the other girls at the front desk, management really didn't care.
Again, staff at front desk and dining room were wonderful and location very convenient.
Would we stay there again-----I don't know.

Room Tip: Stay away from street noise and if staying long term, make sure your room is cleaned daily?
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank LfromIowa
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am so sorry to hear about the housekeeping issue. I assure you will address the situation with the housekeeping manager. I am happy to hear that Colleen was able to assist you. She is a valuable asset to us here. I do hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Spent two nights here before moving on to Kiawah Island. Much cheaper than anything downtown, yet only minutes away. Nice and close to Patriots Park and Waterfront Park. Had a ground floor room on street side so was a little worried about noise - it was absolutely quiet. Continental breakfast is the perfect way to get meal #1 out of the way and get the family out the door. Super close to many other amenities like grocery stores and a pharmacy. Would stay again - no questions asked.

1  Thank Chad L
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad that you found our location convenient for all your activities. I hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Ellen 318 said it all. Staff was so accomodating - would book room there again just for them! Our room had view of bridge. We were in walking distance to waterfront park and had easy access to entrance ramp for bridge to Charleston. Less expensive in Mt. Pleasant and water taxi (from Patriot's Point provided fun, easy, inexpensive access to historic Charleston.

Room Tip: Go high for the views
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ticogrl
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Thank you so much!! I am so glad that the staff made such a great impression on you and I hope you will return in the future.

Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here while traveling to a concert in downtown Charleston. We would have stayed downtown but it was too expensive, so we chose to stay here. It was a decent price, the staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. The bathroom was spacious, which was nice as well. It was also a good location to get to downtown from, very central and also quite close to Town Center in Mount Pleasant as we'll and right down the road from Isle of Palms. Nice experience, would recommend and would stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location convenient for your needs. I hope you will return in the future.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I cannot thank the staff of Holiday Inn Express Hotel enough for all they did for me and my husband this past week. They were so accommodating. They were always there for us in so many ways. They are a very considerate staff. We will book a room with them again.

John and Ellen

1  Thank ellen318

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am so glad the staff made such a positive impression on you. We are very proud of our team. We all hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

First impression was WOW!! Staff were very pleasant, parking great and lobby area very inviting. once in the room I discovered a dirty q-tip behind the toilet and when I moved the chair to get to an outlet, there was trash under the chair. When the sun came in the window the furniture was very dusty and it appeared they just wiped off the front of it and didn't move any items to do a complete dusting. Beds were VERY comfortable. Staff were very accommodating to make sure that I had an adjoining room to my daughter so I could help with my granddaughter. Breakfast was very acceptable. I would stay there again hoping that staff would do a thorough cleaning of the room before the next guest arrives.

Room Tip: I don't think they have a bad room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your time with us. I am glad to hear that, overall, your stay was enjoyable. I am sorry about the issues you encountered with your room. You have my assurance that these have been addressed with the staff and we will use this incident to prevent any occurrence in the future. I do hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

the hotel room was clean. staff was nice. for the price it was good. Breakfast was decent. For the price I would stay again. Great location and only minutes from downtown. The pool area was also nice.

1  Thank Scott J
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope you will return in the future.