“Good quality, goo price.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Stayed here for along weekend in Charleston. Was very good. Had three of us - picked presidential suite. Tons of room. Location wasn't downtown but bridge is right there and you are downtown (BTW - free parking) wiht a 10 minute drive. Wll definitely go here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay in our Presidential Suite. It is a great room!! I hope you will stay with us in the future.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston

Reviewed March 24, 2014

This hotel was great. from the cleanliness of the rooms to the attentiveness of the lobby staff, and the wonderful breakfast buffet each morning - we enjoyed our stay in this well located hotel. if I had to give one complaint it was that the room wasn't replenished with tissues and toilet paper after our first day there, and with it being allergy season, we needed that! Other than that, everything was great.

Room Tip: great hotel if you are looking for one close to charleston but not quite as expensive as those downt...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us and I do hope you will return in the future.

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

I usually spend nights away from home in my 38foot fifth wheel with all the comforts of home, on the rare occasion that I actually stay in a motel, I am constantly comparing the quiet of my fifth wheel to the noise outside my door. Not here! My room was just feet away from the lobby and elevators on the ground floor, I heard a couple of doors closed a little too hard on the first night, but that was it. Quiet, clean, good location, breakfast was a rare treat too with real hot food! Will definitely stay here again when traveling light!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thank you so much for your review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I do hope you will return in the future.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

There's really nothing about this hotel I can complain about! Where to start...

Basics: Hotel is very clean and the staff acknowledged me every time I encountered them.

Sleep Quality: The bed mattress was a Simmons Beautyrest and gave me the best sleep I've had in a hotel yet (including the pillows!).

Room: GREAT! It was modernly decorated and very cozy. I always look for hotels with fridges, and we had a microfridge and microwave in our room. The TV had the most channels I've ever seen in a hotel, hands down! Had to be over 200 channels all of which were in HD, plus an interactive guide. The bathroom was very spacious, and very clean!

Location: PERFECT! It's right at the Cooper River Bridge and less than 10 minutes to downtown Charleston. Patriots Point is about a mile across the street. There's a really nice park at the Cooper River Bridge that you could walk to (forgot the name of the park) and it also has a pier on the water. If you're coming to Charleston or Patriots Point and don't need to stay on the beach, stay here!

Breakfast: Free, and very good. They even had a pancake maker. Only thing I didn't like were the scrambled eggs (had nacho cheese inside them). Great selection of stuff though!

Final thoughts: I prefer to stay on the water for the views and serene setting, but if I'm on a budget or short trip, I'll be staying at this hotel again!! You can find cheaper hotels in Mt. Pleasant, but you get what you pay for there. The price here was just right. If it were any cheaper, I'd question why. If you're like me and constantly compare hotels online to find the best one, stop with this one!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the backside of the hotel. It wasn't really bad, but for the really light sle...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your lovely review of your time with us. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Hotel is located within 7 minute drive to Downtown Charleston tourist locations. Much cheaper than a hotel in Charleston. Stayed for weekend site seeing and hotel was great. Room was clean with updated furnishings. Hotel staff was friendly and informative. This is my second stay @ this particular hotel and will book again when I'm back in the area.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 6CPops
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am so happy to know this was a return trip and you chose to stay with us again. I hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We stayed at the hotel 2 days while in town for a wedding. It is located just over the bridge to Charleston. You can be downtown in five minutes, which is very convenient and at half the cost of a downtown. Hotel was clean and the rooms were nicely sized. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. It had a nice buffet breakfast. The only complaint I has was the beds were old and worn. The sheets on the bed were old and worn. Eveytime I turned they came loose and I was sleeping on mattress.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank rfenton231
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that you found our location convenient for your needs. I do apologize that you found the bed to be uncomfortable. We are in the process of replacing some of the older beds. I hope you will return in the future to enjoy the new mattresses.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

This Holiday inn was the best hotel I have stayed in. Makes me want to pay the extra money to stay at other holiday inns. The Hotel and rooms were clean. The front staff was very friendly and helpful. The Breakfast was the best I have ever had in a hotel. Hotel Is right around the corner from patriots point and an easy drive across the bridge into Charleston. Whenever I return to the area this will be the hotel I will be coming back to.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michael L
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thank you so much for such a lovely review. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope to see you again in the future.