Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel is very nice and the location is was completely booked when we stayed. The rate for this hotel is better than staying downtown Charleston and still an easy drive or close to the water taxi when we chose to do that. The breakfast was very well stocked and a variety of choices. The hotel was kept very clean in every area except the elevator which people kept spilling coffee etc. very hard to clean up after so many messy people. We had a coupon off the Charleston Chambers website which was taken off our room also. We will definitely stay here again. I mentioned to the front desk though no heated pool or hot tub was my only complaint.

Room Tip: Rooms over pool are quieter and the presidential suite is great for large family.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm glad you found our location to be clean and convenient. I hope you will stay with us again.

Reagan Simmons
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel for three years. We have never been disappointed. The staff is friendly and very helpful. It is close to the Water Taxi so we can visit Charleston and not worry about parking. The breakfasts are very good too. We would strongly recommend this hotel for cleanliness and comfort.

Room Tip: Our room was 220 this year and was great. We've had rooms on the third and fourth floors and th...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to write review of your stay with us. I always enjoy it when you are here. It's always so fun to talk to you both. I hope to see you next year.

Reagan

Reviewed October 6, 2013

lovely rooms nice and big very clean, big bathroom nice toiletries bath and body works. good selection at breakfast. front desk staff extremely welcoming and friendly always happy to help with anything, gave us good directions and suggestions. Raegan in particular stood out as she was always friendly and keen to make sure we were enjoying our stay. breakfast staff very efficient along with the cleaning staff they were also very friendly. nice reception area. pool area nice, pool was clean and quiet but the water was freezing! pool chairs clean.

the only negatives was the soundproofing. the walls were very thin we could hear the person next door coughing and talking and the door slamming! i agree with another reviewer that they should do something about the doors. maybe a polite notice about slamming doors or they could have a device on them so that they do close but quietly. we had people slamming doors late at night or really early in the morning.

overall a nice hotel great location not far from Charleston. lovely and clean. i would stay here again.

1  Thank ruby09
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am sorry about the doors. Some people do tend to let them slam, but I will address this with maintenance in hopes that we can find a noise reducing solution.
I had such a good time talking to you both. I haven't quite mastered the accent, but I'm still working on it. :) I hope you both had a good vacation and I hope to see you again.

Reagan Simmons
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We used the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Mount Pleasant/Charleston for one of the hotels on our wedding block. We worked with Marianne and she was great to work with. We had to double check a few times regarding which guests were staying at the hotel but weren't appearing on our block. And a few of our guests didn't receive their welcome bags. Other then that the facilities are great, the hotel is new and serves free breakfast. Our guests were extremely happy with the accommodations.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JennyShelly
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank you for reviewing your time with us. I am sorry to hear that some of your guests didn't receive the welcome bags. If they were not booked within your wedding block and did not reference the wedding upon check in we would not have known they were with your group. But I am glad that the rest of your group's stay and the wedding were enjoyable.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great rooms, very spacious and very clean. Spacious bathrooms.
Continental breakfast is very good, and has a larger selection than you would expect from a continental breakfast.
Distance to Charleston is just about 15 minutes and hotel is still close to several restaurants in the area.
Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I you will return in the future.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the new HIE located in Mt Pleasant. The Staff greated us every time we passed someone in the halls as well as entering and exisitng the hotel. The room was nice and comfortable. I would suggest you take your own pillows. Even though the room had several "firm" pillows there was nothing supportive about it. My only complaint about my stay here really has nothing to do with the hotel itself. Other guests who arrived late at night and some leaving early the next morning had no shame in SLAMMING THE DOORS! The doors to the rooms shut behimd you automatically causing them to slam shut. Someone should rethink this. I sould suggest maybe a notice by the door reminding patrons to close door quietly. Again, the staff was great, room comfy,bring on pillows!
The location was awesome. We were attending 2 wedding that weekend at dfferent locations and were only 5 minutes away from each. This hotel was centrally located to all the places we visited including downtown, Shem Creek and Mt Pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad you had a good experience with the staff and I'm happy the location was convenient for you. I hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed here for two nights before our cruise - September 14/15. The hotel was extremely clean, our room was excellent. Clean, well appointed. All the staff was very friendly and helpful. They have a washer/dryer on site. We did not use the pool due to wanting to take advantage of shopping at the outlets. Plenty of restaurants in the area.

Breakfast was ok and certainly for not having to pay it did the trick. Healthier choices were available, though not a huge selection. But it was fine.

Special thanks to Raegan at the Front Desk. She was very helpful and always had a smile.

We would defnitely stay here again and would recommend to family and friends.

1  Thank bmase
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here. I am glad that I was able to assist you and I hope to do so again on your next visit.