“Still A Nice Play to Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The King Suite room has a very large living space compared to most hotels and this makes for a lot of space for the kids to play. The cleaning service was very good. We only needed service every other day. The breakfast was adequate. We prefer this hotel to most on Mt. Pleasant due to the location - it being at the base of the Cooper River Bridge - only 3.5 miles over and you are downtown. We really like this spot and will be regular customers here mainly due to location.

1  Thank AJesMum
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am so glad that you found the location so convenient.
I hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

This was a very nice hotel. We stayed July 13-15 2013. The check-in was the quickest I have ever experienced.

The hotel appears to be new. It was very nice. The breakfast was adequate & there was plenty of space in the breakfast area.

The room was clean & the beds comfortable. The A/C was on when we arrived & the room was nicely cleaned each day.

We enjoyed the outdoor pool also. It was a little higher priced than other nearby hotels. We gladly paid after a recent experience at another brand hotel. The higher prices seem to be what you should expect, to get into a nice hotel these days. Also, we did go during the height of tourist season too. I did compare to other hotels nearby for that same weekend though. I will gladly stay here again. We have stayed at a few hotels in Mt. Pleasant & this is the best so far.

No complaints here.

2  Thank Donald T
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are very proud of our hotel and our top notch staff and I am glad we can share that with our guests. I hope you will stay with us the next time you are in the Charleston/ Mt. Pleasant area.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Hotel is new. Had a jr. suite on second floor. Room was large and well-maintained. Large bathroom. Room had separate sitting area with couch.

Front desk was friendly. Breakfast was excellent. Convenient access to Charleston. Shopping closely. Will stay here again when back in Charleston.

Room Tip: jr. suite are nice
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank parkerjl

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will return in the future.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Just wanted to say "Thanks for great work" to the entire hotel staff, from front desk, breakfast host, and hotel manager. What a great stay we had, and we will return. Could ask for nothing better! My family and I stay at Holiday Inn Express, and have found this property to be the best!

1  Thank buckiguy

Thank you SO MUCH for your review!! We are always so happy to hear that we have done a good job. We are very proud of our staff and I am glad they are getting recognized. I hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Easy location to find, lots of places to eat and shop nearby. Whole Foods, Harris Teeter and Trader Joe's, as well as plenty of restaurants. Short drive to beaches - Isle of Palms and Sullivan's Island. We really enjoyed our stay. Hotel was clean, friendly desk staff and cleaning staff. My only complaint is that I did not love the bed. My back hurt each morning. Breakfast was great, although not the healthiest choices, but yummy and of good quality. Outdoor pool was clean - salt water - so you can swim with your eyes open under water and it doesn't burn! So much better than chlorine! Isle of Palms was a great beach. You can parallel park on the street (free) or park in public lot (don't know if it's free or not).

Room Tip: No tips needed. No pets and no smoking allowed. Pillows are synthetic down (no animal feathers). We...
2  Thank TravelingwithPamAnn
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel itself and the convenience of our location. I hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in July of 2013. Upon arrival the woman working the front desk was a bit short with us and unpleasant. We were in fact early being that we arrived earlier than originally expected, but her demeanor in responding to our requests for early check in was not what I would expect from someone working in the service industry. Hey everyone has their bad days though. Breakfast was very good each morning and was free. The rest of our stay we had no issues with staff or accommodations. Pool was adequate for our small group and the location is minutes from Charleston. If I was to stay in Mt. Pleasant again we would stay here, however I would probably stay in Charleston next time between what we spent on cabs and the trouble we found getting a cab to pick us up in Charleston to return us to Mt. Pleasent.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joe D
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry to hear of your experience upon check in. We pride ourselves on our guest service and I am sorry that is not the experience you had. I hope you will stay again in the future.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The Mount Pleasant Holiday Inn Express is clean, efficient, well equipped, easy to find and close to downtown Charleston. The bed was comfortable and the hotel was quiet. Service was efficient and friendly. The only drawbacks were the unappetizing breakfast selection and less than attractive dining room and only two coat hangers in the closet.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry to here that you did not enjoy our complimentary breakfast. Also, I am sorry the hangers were an issue. Unfortunately, sometimes guests take them home which may inconvenience the other guests, however, you can always call the desk and request more if you need them.
I hope you will stay with us again should you return to the area.