“Ideal for a short stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Couldn't fault the quality of rooms and fixtures and liked the location. Easy to get into Charleston but also good for Sullivans island, Shem creek and Patriots point. If I stayed longer in Charleston however I would have to choose hotel with a bar or restaurant to hang out in after sightseeing. Much more of a business type of hotel- felt I had to rush out of the room in order for it to be cleaned in a morning. Still I knew what to expect when I booked and the price was considerably less than many other properties where the quality would not be as good. The staff at reception were very helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I'm glad the location was convenient for you. I am sorry you felt you needed to rush out of the room. If the housekeeping staff made you feel that way I hope you will email me personally (rsimmons@charlestownehotels.com) so that I may address any problem we may have. I hope you will consider staying with us again.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Talk about location, location, location this was prime real estate for the activities we had planned. It's less than 5 mins from the Cruise line tours, 15 mins from the beaches and 15 mins from Downtown Charleston. The breakfast was amazing and the staff were equally awesome. Our room was beautiful and perfect for four adults. Free parking & shopping close by, the hotel is right off Hwy 17 so this was perfect as you could jump on hwy and go anywhere.

1  Thank educatedsailor

Thank you so much for your review! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay enough to return. I hope you will always stay with us when you are in the area.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is a very nice Holiday Inn Express. We arrived early and they allowed us to check in...even gave us a room upgrade. Very nice lobby and exterior. Not the greatest locations, but not bad either. The hotel is situated near many attractions and restaurants. Rooms were quite large. Staff went out of their way to accomodate us. Additionally, they had a very good breakfast. Good place to stay in the Charleston Area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for writing a review of your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your room upgrade and that the staff was helpful. I am sorry you weren't thrilled with the location. We are centrally located to many attractions: 5 minutes to Downtown Charleston, 5 minutes to Shem Creek, 10 minites to two different beaches and just a stroll away from the waterfront park under the Ravenel Bridge. I hope you will stay with us again should you return to the area.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was a very clean, well kept hotel, and the girls who worked behind the desk always had a smile and a helpful word for us. The housekeeping staff would always smile and say hello, and they did an outstanding job also.
The room with one king bid was not especially big and there wasn't a lot of room for storage, but again it was very clean and nice. The little pool outside is small, but the builders did a nice job of surrounding it with trees so that you don't feel like you're in the middle of a city.
The location, while being somewhat central to going to several attractions, really was not a strong point. If you wanted to do anything at all, you had to drive. This is not an area for night life. If you like to go to bed at 8 every night, then it's probably fine. So, it's a real nice hotel, but just realize that all of your views will only happen after you drive to them. I'll try to attach a picture. But... the people working there really make the place nice. Maybe someday someone will put a restaurant and bar on that side of the street.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am glad to know that you enjoyed the hotel and that the staff was friendly. I am sorry, however, that you missed out on all the great nightlife we have here in Mt. Pleasant. We are just around the corner from one of the most fun areas around, Shem Creek. There are several bars right on the water with live music and other entertainment. I hope next time you stay with us we can help you discover all of the exciting things to do in our area.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed three nights for an anniversary trip and can't say enough good things about this hotel. Check-in/check-out was fast and convenient. Room was immaculate, comfy bed and pillows. Great water pressure. Mini-fridge and microwave were convenient and nice to have. Common areas were clean, good breakfast. Helpful and friendly staff, we were acknowledged each and every time we walked past the front desk. Very quiet. The hotel was centrally located to everything we wanted to do. Minutes from Patriot's Point and Shem Creek and just a short drive to Boone Hall Plantation, Sullivan's Island and Charleston. This hotel exceeded our expectations. Would recommend and will most definitely stay again on future trips to the Charleston/Mt. Pleasant area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

I am so happy you decided to spend your anniversary with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope you got to experience all of the lovely things our area has to offer. Please stay with us again should you return to Charleston/ Mt. Pleasant.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

52 friends on a tour of Charleston. Nice location just across the river next to Patriot's Point. Very clean, nice rooms, great value compared with the Historic District, good hot breakfast, very nice people.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for choosing us for your group. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We didn't personally stay here but if you are looking for a block of rooms for wedding guests I'd highly recommend it. We blocked rooms for our guests and they all had an enjoyable experience. The staff was friendly and they held gift bags at the front desk for us to give to our out-of-town guests. Very affordable for the area and they were great to work with!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

We appreciate you utilizing our facility for your wedding party. It is always a pleasure to be involved in such a joyous time. I am happy that your guests enjoyed their time with us and I hope you will look to us again for any future get togethers.