Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
MainStay Suites(Mount Pleasant)
View Hotel
Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant(Mount Pleasant)
View Hotel
All reviewshi expressfront deskcinnamon rollsisle of palmsacross the bridgepatriots pointwould stay here againwhole foodssullivan's islandbiscuits and gravybreakfast was includedstaff was friendlyminute drivebeds were very comfortableshem creekconvenient locationgreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 3, 2013

As a Television Producer/Film Director which happens to be DISABLED, finding a hotel anywhere, even if it claims to be a 4 star, can be difficult and sometimes degrading, but this customer, even if I were not disabled, recently had an experience, (and I use the term EXPERIENCE), at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Mount Pleasant - Charleston, SC. If you are disabled or as I say UNIQUELY ABLED, finding a hotel is like playing the lottery, you never know quite what to expect. For I have, at times, been treated as if I were stupid, who raise their voice thinking I cannot hear, and peer over the desk with the look and thought of, "oh gosh I thought it was going to be an easy night." What they do not know, is that we are on the whole, highly educated, well traveled, and demand less than your business guest who wants a deal or for that matter a free room an complains about everything from the amount of coffee packets to the number of towels in their room.

I have quite a great deal experience in this matter as I am an advocate for the 'Uniquely Abled", have worked in a hotel early in my career, and now Blog, host a TV show and speak to groups on the manner in which we live, overcome adversity, and put up with people who are overcome with fear when they see someone such as myself. So having vented my frustration concerning travel, I happened upon a Staff, hotel and experience that for a brief time, brought great joy, and a feeling of wishing I could extend my stay. First I stayed at another Holiday Inn in Charleston, in which Christy, (Front Desk), was an angel, due to distance she recommended this hotel and put me in contact with Jessica, a Front Desk Employee that every hotel, 4 star down should be conducting a training session on the true meaning of Customer Service, (a term that truly should not be used by most hotels). Jessica was not only professional, but went out of her way, off duty to make sure my stay at this Holiday Inn Express in Mount Pleasant, Charleston SC, was by far better than any 4 star hotel I had visited. Jessica, her Manager, Reagan, (who knows how to run a hotel, and will be snapped up by another chain as well as the rest of her staff), treated myself and my friend with respect, honor, kindness, and personal service that is unheard of in this day and time.

The other front desk staff Mallory, Sharon, and Laura, followed up to make a team that if I owned a hotel, would be running it today. The hotel was clean, rooms beautiful, Bathrooms that every housekeeper should be trained to clean, and a bed that was so comfortable you did not want to make your meeting. I have a rather large following, both Uniquely Abled, as well as not, Corporate Businesses, middle management, and people who are happy to just be employed, I have raved, shouted and written, spoken on National TV and will continue to praise this staff. Customer Service is dead in the hotel industry, plopped, drained, stuffed, and cremated..but HERE! A new breed of customer service has been born, the type of Service that years ago was demanded, and actually an every day experience, all of you that claim to be boutique, new, give points, claim to have great Wi Fi and buffets, take note, YOU HAVE FAILED! AND FOR MY FRIENDS WHO ARE UNIQUELY ABLED, IF YOU ARE IN CHARLESTON, SC, WE CLAIM THIS HOTEL AS OURS.....JESSICA, I OWE YOU, REAGAN, MALLORY, JESS, SHARON AND LAURA!!!! I will return with buses in toe...and to everyone who thinks that they have to stay downtown Charleston, SC to get the old South feeling, you are missing a few brain cells. Go for quality, comfort, clean room and Jessica. You will experience Charleston as you never have or will, for when you wake up, you will be happy, joyous and Ready to hit the cobblestones....because, Reagan, Jessica and the rest of the staff, will be smiling...when you leave and when you return...I will make sure Facebook, Twitter, and my Blog will be burning...This is the hotel...and for the owners? I just might build a hotel so I can steal this staff.....you should be ashamed.....and I WILL let you know. Staff at a hotel should be rewarded for excellent customer service...a coupon for dinner does not cut it...(I know)......take care of your own, your occupancy will always be high...we are a very loyal group, and very powerful.....I will see you in a few weeks....not because I have to, because I want to.

A very happy Uniquely Abled - disabled guest.....T. Heyward

Room Tip: Rooms are very quiet...but get a queen...as very spacious.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank weekendtraveler90
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Mr. Heyward-

Thank you so very much for such a wonderful review of your stay with us. It brought a smile to my face just reading it. I am so proud that I am a part of a team that would inspire someone to take time out of their day to write something so lovely.
It was such a joy having you here. I, personally, very much enjoyed our chats and I know Jessica did as well. It is rare to have a guest, such as you, who makes such a positive and lasting impression on the entire staff. We enjoyed having you here as much as you enjoyed staying. Your graciousness and high spirit were a nice addition to the hotel for the two days you were here.
We take great pride in our service and our services and I am glad that you had a positive experience with both.
It was a pleasure getting to know you, and again, thank you so much for your kind words. I hope to see you soon.

Reagan

Reviewed March 1, 2013

While in Charleston,SC, we stayed in near by Mt. Pleasant, at the Holiday Inn Express. The motel was very much what we have experienced at the same chain in other cities, except that this facility is only about 3 years old , but looks much newer. The rooms are spacious, very clean, and furnished with a microwave and refrigerator. The continental breakfast was the usual cold and hot offerings, nothing special, but adequate. The fitness center was clean and had functioning equipment.Staff was friendly. Location was good-less than 5 miles from downtown Charleston.

1  Thank GRC732

Thank you for your review of your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you had a nice experience and I hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Me and my family stayed here in Spring of 2013 and were very pleased. Clean, modern hotel in Mount Pleasant. A decent location if you don't want to splurge on a hotel in Downtown Charleston, right next to the bridge to the city. Also just a few minutes to Patriot's Point. Plenty of local restaurants and bars within a five minute drive. Breakfast is decent, enough to get you going in the morning. And staff was friendly and gave us plenty of tips for our stay in South Carolina.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you found our location convenient for your needs and I am very happy to hear that the staff were helpful and friendly as well. Please stay with us again the next time you visit the area.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights. The location is convenient to downtown Charleston, Mt Pleasant shopping and an array of restaurants. The hotel is very clean. As an allergy sufferer I have a terrible time with artificial scents like room deodorizers and scented cleaners - the rooms in this hotel are fresh and clean without any of these!

However, the outstanding feature of this hotel is the staff. Every staff member we encountered went out of their way to greet us. A problem with the TV remote brought a staff person within less than 5 minutes! The staff and management are to be commended!

The only suggestions I have for the hotel are to increase the lighting in the rooms. They are quite dark. It is almost impossible to read on the sofa because the lighting is not good. The chair in the seating area in the room is useless because there is no lighting there. The other issue - probably not easily fixable - is that the heating/cooling system blows directly in the beds. We were surprised that there was no fruit for breakfast. I heard several guests comment on the lack of fruit. However, I had scrambled eggs and bacon and they were unusually good for this type of hotel "free" breakfast.

Ask for a room away from the elevators. We moved after the first night because we could hear the "ding" of the elevator bell all night. However, our second room was very quiet!

We would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am glad that you had a nice time. I am happy to hear that the room met your needs (I know how tough allergies can be), and I am thrilled to hear that you had a great experience with our staff. We have a great team here, from housekeeping to front desk, and we are very proud of all of them.
I am sorry about the lighting and a/c issues in your room. I will address your concerns with management and maintenance.
I hope you will stay with us again should you return to the area.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Normally, I don't stay at Holiday Inns. They just do not have the reputation of a Hilton or Marriott. But, I read the reviews on this hotel in Mount Pleasant and thought we'd give it a try. I booked it online while we were driving there. 30 minutes later when we showed up, the gals at the front desk had our names and a choice of rooms to stay in. This place is excellent. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Also, it was in a convenient location. It is just off of Hwy 17 and easy access to the freeway/bridge to Charleston. Although it is within a couple of blocks of the bridge, I could not hear freeway noise in our room. ( we were on the first floor, second room in on the freeway side) they offer a complimentary breakfast. It was not so good. But, you can't have it all, can you?

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

I'm so glad you gave us a try and that you were pleased with your decision. It's good to hear that you found our staff to be so welcoming (we are very proud of our great team). I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit.