Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Manteo, North Carolina
“Nice,newer,clean”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

While in Charleston,SC, we stayed in near by Mt. Pleasant, at the Holiday Inn Express. The motel was very much what we have experienced at the same chain in other cities, except that this facility is only about 3 years old , but looks much newer. The rooms are spacious, very clean, and furnished with a microwave and refrigerator. The continental breakfast was the usual cold and hot offerings, nothing special, but adequate. The fitness center was clean and had functioning equipment.Staff was friendly. Location was good-less than 5 miles from downtown Charleston.

1 Thank GRC732
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for your review of your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you had a nice experience and I hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Me and my family stayed here in Spring of 2013 and were very pleased. Clean, modern hotel in Mount Pleasant. A decent location if you don't want to splurge on a hotel in Downtown Charleston, right next to the bridge to the city. Also just a few minutes to Patriot's Point. Plenty of local restaurants and bars within a five minute drive. Breakfast is decent, enough to get you going in the morning. And staff was friendly and gave us plenty of tips for our stay in South Carolina.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you found our location convenient for your needs and I am very happy to hear that the staff were helpful and friendly as well. Please stay with us again the next time you visit the area.
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights. The location is convenient to downtown Charleston, Mt Pleasant shopping and an array of restaurants. The hotel is very clean. As an allergy sufferer I have a terrible time with artificial scents like room deodorizers and scented cleaners - the rooms in this hotel are fresh and clean without any of these!

However, the outstanding feature of this hotel is the staff. Every staff member we encountered went out of their way to greet us. A problem with the TV remote brought a staff person within less than 5 minutes! The staff and management are to be commended!

The only suggestions I have for the hotel are to increase the lighting in the rooms. They are quite dark. It is almost impossible to read on the sofa because the lighting is not good. The chair in the seating area in the room is useless because there is no lighting there. The other issue - probably not easily fixable - is that the heating/cooling system blows directly in the beds. We were surprised that there was no fruit for breakfast. I heard several guests comment on the lack of fruit. However, I had scrambled eggs and bacon and they were unusually good for this type of hotel "free" breakfast.

Ask for a room away from the elevators. We moved after the first night because we could hear the "ding" of the elevator bell all night. However, our second room was very quiet!

We would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am glad that you had a nice time. I am happy to hear that the room met your needs (I know how tough allergies can be), and I am thrilled to hear that you had a great experience with our staff. We have a great team here, from housekeeping to front desk, and we are very proud of all of them.
I am sorry about the lighting and a/c issues in your room. I will address your concerns with management and maintenance.
I hope you will stay with us again should you return to the area.
Andover, Minnesota
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Normally, I don't stay at Holiday Inns. They just do not have the reputation of a Hilton or Marriott. But, I read the reviews on this hotel in Mount Pleasant and thought we'd give it a try. I booked it online while we were driving there. 30 minutes later when we showed up, the gals at the front desk had our names and a choice of rooms to stay in. This place is excellent. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Also, it was in a convenient location. It is just off of Hwy 17 and easy access to the freeway/bridge to Charleston. Although it is within a couple of blocks of the bridge, I could not hear freeway noise in our room. ( we were on the first floor, second room in on the freeway side) they offer a complimentary breakfast. It was not so good. But, you can't have it all, can you?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm so glad you gave us a try and that you were pleased with your decision. It's good to hear that you found our staff to be so welcoming (we are very proud of our great team). I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit.
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

This was my second stay at this hotel. Clean and comfortable rooms. Excellent value. It was a very convenient drive into Charleston. The staff is very friendly and breakfast was good. I will definitely be staying again when in the Charleston area.

Stayed January 2013
2 Thank LC_968
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. It is always nice to hear from a repeat guest. I am so glad youe enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.
Chicago, IL
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This hotel was quite nice; the staff was very friendly. The accommodations were clean and well kept and the breakfast was very substantial.

The location was quite close to Charleston & had a very beautiful view of the Cooper River.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the pool. The area was very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank americantraveller74
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for writing a review of your stay with us. I am glad that you found our location so convenient. I hope you will stay with us the next time you visit the area.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This hotel has extremely nice staff and awesome service. The location is perfect for any activity you may have planned and it's close to the water which is very relaxing. The rooms are very clean and modern with obvious care taken to the cleanliness. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling with a family, for business, or for leisure.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you found our staff and location to your liking. I hope you will stay with us again should you return to the Charleston/ Mt. Pleasant area.