“Wonderful Experience”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Our trip was a last minute one due to a death in the family. We needed MANY rooms (at the last minute) and this hotel was there to help. Not only did they help us with rooms, but provided us with space to gather as a family during this difficult time. They helped us in so many ways. I don't know of many hotels that rally to help out during times like these.
The rooms are spacious, clean, and the beds were VERY comfy. You will definitely get a good night sleep. The location is excellent. You are close to the beach, bridge, and just minutes away from the downtown sightseeing area.
The hot breakfast is also a treat. The young lady that was serving was constantly putting out hot food and making sure the food was full. The food was very good. The dining area was kept extremely clean. I would come back here in a heartbeat! KUDOS!
Special thanks to the Marianne McNeeley for her hard work!

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator. There are two rooms directly across from the elevator that I imagine w...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tarcat71
ReaganSimmons, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the property! I am so pleased your group enjoyed themselves, and that we were able to help and assist you during this difficult time. Please feel free to reach out to me in the future! Warm Regards,- Marianne McNeeley, Director of Sales at the Holiday Inn Express /Mount Pleasant.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Here for just one night we had the time (family of 4 with two kids last 1st day of september) to appreciate this perfectly located Hotel. Spotless room (they gave us a perfect 1st floor room), good breakfast, gentle people at the front desk. We early checked in without calling and they let us in anyway. Great and thank you again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am glad you and your family got everything you needed. I hope you will stay with us again should you return to the area.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I always stay here when I go to Charleston. It's clean, staff is friendly & helpful, and it's close to everything you would want to do in Charleston. Management should consider asking smokers to move away from the front door. Road construction, at first glance, appeared confusing, but once you get into the construction it wasn't difficult to figure out (but that isn't HIE's fault).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Thank you for making us your hotel of choice when you visit the area. We appreciate your patronage. I hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

The Holiday Inn Express properties tend to be of a cookie cutter design, but, the differences amongst properties can be dramatic. This is one of the better HIE's. The location is very convenient to all Charleston sights. The hotel itself is new and clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast room always had space and the food was good. We did not use the pool because it didn't appear to be heated. We did enjoy the fact that we could walk to the bridge that spans the river and could walk on the Mount Pleasant Pier. Overall we were quite satisfied and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors on the back side of the property would be a better choice.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank highdesertbadger
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

I am so glad that you found us to be a stand out property. We pride ourselves on our "above and beyond" attitude and amenities. It's good to hear that you took advantage of our close proximity to the beautiful Ravenel Bridge and waterfront park. I hope you will stay with us again should you return to the area.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the HI Express Mt. Pleasant. There's not much more I can say that others haven't! The staff was pleasant and particularly helpful with directions to the beaches! The room was clean and spacious, breakfast was always well stocked.

I had an issue with the air vent in the bathroom during my stay, and staff checked it out immediately. They weren't able to fix it, but instead gave me a discount on the room, which was welcomed, as I do think this hotel was a little pricey.

Although the hotel is on a main road, my GPS had trouble finding it. Add in the road construction and it was a little difficult to get in and out, and around at first.

I would recommend this hotel. THanks HI Express Mt. Pleasant!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank TravelTwin777
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I do apologize for the troubles you had with the air vent. Hopefully that will not sway you from staying with us in the future. We hope to see you again.
Thank you for recommending us!!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have never gone wrong with a Holiday Inn Express and this is no exception. This is a beautiful hotel with excellent service. Great breakfast and awesome staff. My family could not have asked for more.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Momoftwo0819

Thank you for being loyal to The Holiday Inn Express brand!! I am glad that our hotel did not disappoint. I hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Our family travels to Charleston once every 3 months for medical checkups for our children at MUSC. HIE&S has been our home away from home for the past few years and we have NEVER been disappointed.

The hotel is conveniently located for the business or vacation travellor with easy access to and from the main roads into downtown Charleston, which is only a 10-15 minute ride over the beautiful Ravenel Bridge.

I have had the opportunity to travel and stay in many hotels over the years and this property ranks at the top with the best of them. It is emmaculately clean inside and out, with a welcoming and helpful staff. The free breakfast is always hot and plentiful, regardless of the number of guests each morning.

I highly recommend this hotel if you are coming to the Charleston area and it doesn't matter to you if you are right downtown. In fact you will save some money and still have a great stay if you choose to stay here instead of downtown.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank DrJBerry

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am glad you found our location to be convenient for you and I hope you will stay with us again should you return to the area.