Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Bend, Oregon
“Great Property”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The Holiday Inn Express properties tend to be of a cookie cutter design, but, the differences amongst properties can be dramatic. This is one of the better HIE's. The location is very convenient to all Charleston sights. The hotel itself is new and clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast room always had space and the food was good. We did not use the pool because it didn't appear to be heated. We did enjoy the fact that we could walk to the bridge that spans the river and could walk on the Mount Pleasant Pier. Overall we were quite satisfied and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors on the back side of the property would be a better choice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank highdesertbadger
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I am so glad that you found us to be a stand out property. We pride ourselves on our "above and beyond" attitude and amenities. It's good to hear that you took advantage of our close proximity to the beautiful Ravenel Bridge and waterfront park. I hope you will stay with us again should you return to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Gahanna, OH
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the HI Express Mt. Pleasant. There's not much more I can say that others haven't! The staff was pleasant and particularly helpful with directions to the beaches! The room was clean and spacious, breakfast was always well stocked.

I had an issue with the air vent in the bathroom during my stay, and staff checked it out immediately. They weren't able to fix it, but instead gave me a discount on the room, which was welcomed, as I do think this hotel was a little pricey.

Although the hotel is on a main road, my GPS had trouble finding it. Add in the road construction and it was a little difficult to get in and out, and around at first.

I would recommend this hotel. THanks HI Express Mt. Pleasant!

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank TravelTwin777
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I do apologize for the troubles you had with the air vent. Hopefully that will not sway you from staying with us in the future. We hope to see you again.
Thank you for recommending us!!
Midway, Tennessee
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have never gone wrong with a Holiday Inn Express and this is no exception. This is a beautiful hotel with excellent service. Great breakfast and awesome staff. My family could not have asked for more.

1 Thank Momoftwo0819
Thank you for being loyal to The Holiday Inn Express brand!! I am glad that our hotel did not disappoint. I hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to the area.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Our family travels to Charleston once every 3 months for medical checkups for our children at MUSC. HIE&S has been our home away from home for the past few years and we have NEVER been disappointed.

The hotel is conveniently located for the business or vacation travellor with easy access to and from the main roads into downtown Charleston, which is only a 10-15 minute ride over the beautiful Ravenel Bridge.

I have had the opportunity to travel and stay in many hotels over the years and this property ranks at the top with the best of them. It is emmaculately clean inside and out, with a welcoming and helpful staff. The free breakfast is always hot and plentiful, regardless of the number of guests each morning.

I highly recommend this hotel if you are coming to the Charleston area and it doesn't matter to you if you are right downtown. In fact you will save some money and still have a great stay if you choose to stay here instead of downtown.

3 Thank DrJBerry
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am glad you found our location to be convenient for you and I hope you will stay with us again should you return to the area.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Our family trip this year took us to Charleston then on to Savannah. This Holiday Inn was absolutely perfect. We were literally one minute away from the I-17 that took us only 10-12 minutes to city center (Market and King). Perfect location. Hotel was very clean, super friendly, and helpful. I would absolutely stay there again next time I visit.

Room Tip: Clean rooms, great location
2 Thank Alma K
Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad to hear that you found our hotel to be very clean and our staff to be friendly. We take great pride in both of these things and are always pleased to hear that we have exceeded expectations. I hope you will stay with us again.
Greenwood, SC
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel is certified 'green', so if this is important to you -- it's the place. The property is in a most convenient location as well. Room was clean and well appointed with excellent beds. Staff was amazingly helpful. Even though the coffee lacked a little to be desired, there is a Starbuck's right across the street.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lemily646
Thank you very much for writing a review of your stay with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed time. I am so glad to hear that the staff was helpful. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area.
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I traveled to Charleston, SC to celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary and wanted to find a hotel that was affordable yet close to the city. We were very pleased with this hotel. As always, HIE staff was very friendly. The hotel was super clean. And, I felt like I was in a swanky downtown hotel and, not at a HIE. Not to mention how comfortable the bed was! Normally, when you stay at a hotel you miss your bed at home but, this time I missed the HIE bed after I got back home! (It was that comfortable!). We requested a high floor room with a pool/courtyard view and thats what we got! We had a courtyard view which is very nice. However, on the other side of the hotel is a highway that is under going construction so, make sure you request a room with a pool/courtyard view when staying here. This hotel is less than a ten minute drive and only a $15 cab ride (for those late night's out) to downtown but, it's half the price. The only complaint that we have about this hotel was getting in and out due to the construction. But, I would definately stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Request a pool or courtyard view and away from the elevators.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank atlchic
Thank you very much for writing a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area.