“Great location and accommodations”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel is certified 'green', so if this is important to you -- it's the place. The property is in a most convenient location as well. Room was clean and well appointed with excellent beds. Staff was amazingly helpful. Even though the coffee lacked a little to be desired, there is a Starbuck's right across the street.

1  Thank lemily646
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Thank you very much for writing a review of your stay with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed time. I am so glad to hear that the staff was helpful. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I traveled to Charleston, SC to celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary and wanted to find a hotel that was affordable yet close to the city. We were very pleased with this hotel. As always, HIE staff was very friendly. The hotel was super clean. And, I felt like I was in a swanky downtown hotel and, not at a HIE. Not to mention how comfortable the bed was! Normally, when you stay at a hotel you miss your bed at home but, this time I missed the HIE bed after I got back home! (It was that comfortable!). We requested a high floor room with a pool/courtyard view and thats what we got! We had a courtyard view which is very nice. However, on the other side of the hotel is a highway that is under going construction so, make sure you request a room with a pool/courtyard view when staying here. This hotel is less than a ten minute drive and only a $15 cab ride (for those late night's out) to downtown but, it's half the price. The only complaint that we have about this hotel was getting in and out due to the construction. But, I would definately stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Request a pool or courtyard view and away from the elevators.
1  Thank atlchic

Thank you very much for writing a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

What makes the hotel great is the staff, the whole staff from the front desk to the housekeeping to the people that set up the breakfast and everyone else are great.
The rooms and beds are very clean which to me is the most important thing.
It has a pool and a nice outdoor area with some tables which is very nice and relaxing.
The breakfast is very good, eggs, sausage, bacon, cereal, coffee and more.
You can use the breakfast area tables to eat your take out lunch and dinner if you want.
They have soda and snack machines.
The only bad thing is that the televisions do not have closed caption which can be a problem for people who are hard of hearing.
I will definitely stay again and recommend to others.

Room Tip: I stayed in a first floor room which didn't have a nice view from the window but gave me easy ac...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.
We hope to see you again should you return to the area.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel is modern and looks quite new, it is nestled between the highway and a wooded area on the edge of an industrial park. Everything was clean and well presented. Breakfast was good with all the usual choices. Received a little welcome bag with water, sweeties and a granola bar for being with the priority club - first & last time this has happened to us on a HI stay but a welcome addition. Would come again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FrequentVirgin
ReaganSimmons, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
I do apologize for the road construction. It will be lovely when it is completed (very soon), but it can be a bit cumbersome at times.
I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

My wife and I wanted a "nice getaway" for a few days but did not want to be far from Charleston. We were driving from our home in St. Augustine, FL. This hotel is approx 10 minutes away from the visitors center in Charleston. The outdoor area/pool area is relaxing, you feel like you are in the woods not the city. The rooms were very clean and updated. The staff was excellent, very accommodating and professional. There was grocery shopping across the highway as well as some restaurants. So if you did not want to go or feel like going into Charleston to eat then check out Mount Pleasant (ask the front desk staff for recommendations.). This hotel was my pick, my wife and I were both pleased (yeah!). We recommend this particular hotel and would come back when visiting Charleston/Mount Pleasant/nearby comunities.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

I am so glad to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. We take geat pride in our hotel and especially our service. I am happy that you found our staff so accomodating. I hope that you will stay with us again should you return to the Mt. Pleasant/ Charleston area.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I wanted to treat my mom to a long girls' weekend and have fun in Charleston, but on somewhat of a budget. I like Mount Pleasant anyway, and decided to look for places there. The Holiday Inn was in my budget and in a great location. It may not be on the side of the water taxi, but it's immediately off the beautiful Ravenel bridge, so you don't have to go deep into Mount Pleasant, and it's just a quick drive to downtown Charleston. Also, if you don't want an extra touristy beach, Folly is about 20mins away, which isn't bad.

This hotel was quiet and very clean, with a nice, fresh smell throughout the lobby and into the rooms, even if the elevator was a little noisy. I was a little worried at first with all the road repairs/construction going on and the electrical van out front, but I never heard any of it. The people at the front desk were friendly and helpful with answers to my questions. Additionally, it's great that they offer both soft and firm pillows on the beds, and they clearly identify which pillow is which. I would suggest, though, that you get a real cup of coffee from somewhere other than the machine in the room; it's a little suspicious with its flimsy disposable trays.

All in all, I've stayed at some good and bad places in Mount Pleasant, but I believe this will be my new favorite hotel for Charleston getaways.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank RTRWildcat

Thank you very much for your reveiw. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our location to be convenient. I hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Our daughter was recently married in Charleston and the wedding was the same weekend as The PGA Golf tournament at Kiawah Island. I called many hotels trying to block rooms and Holiday Inn Express & Suites was the only one willing to work with us. The sales director was very professional, yet personable and most of all, very, very helpful! The hotel was very clean and well kept. There is surrounding road construction right now, but that seems to be the case wherever one goes! It is an easy in and out with many restaurants, grocery stores and many other businesses. Would I recommend this hotel? Sure thing!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
ReaganSimmons, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mt Pleasant-Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear Martha- Thank you so much for the glowing response. I am so glad to hear your wedding weekend was successful and we were honored to be a part of it all! It is our mission to make sure our guests are completely satisfied, especially during your family's wedding time when there is so much else to worry about :-) Please feel free to reach out to me again, and take care in the interim! My Best - Marianne McNeeley - Director of Sales at The Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Mount Pleasant.