“Tuesday nights are where it's at.”

Cinebarre Mount Pleasant Stadium 11
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Cinebarre is the premiere movie-going destination in Charleston, with first run features, a full bar (including liquor) and restaurant quality food made fresh to order, we provide an experience that is unmatched. Come early and enjoy drinks at the lobby bar, then grab your seat and order appetizers, entrees or desserts right from your seat! Cinebarre Mount Pleasant is an 18+ establishment. If a minor child wishes to attend a feature a parent or adult guardian, 21 or over, is required to accompany and remain in the entire feature presentation with any underage individuals. Children 2 years of age and under are prohibited inside our facility, with the exception of the first show on Tuesday morning
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed November 6, 2013

$6.00 tickets plus your dinner cost, if you choose to order from the menu, that is.

This was my first visit to Cinebarre. I have to say that's something I regret, because I went to college in this city for just short of three years, and never took the time to experience Cinebarre. I suppose I always thought of it being too far away, since it was located in Mount Pleasant, but the reality is that it's right on the outskirts of the town. What's more, it's only 15 minutes from my apartment I'm living in after moving back to Charleston again.

Anyway, I saw Captain Phillips. Crazy good movie that always kept me guessing, which is great. Audio and picture quality are great. Not too loud or too soft, just right. The seating is wonderful, because I'm on the rather tall side and so are the seats, which means they don't stop offering support after my neck as they do in other theaters.

The waitstaff is professional and courteous, and they go out of their way to not interrupt your view of the screen as they run food to you and other customers. The blue velvet burger (blue cheese, onions, lettuce, tomato, and chipotle sauce) was delicious. The fries served with it were shoestring, nothing to write home about. I'm a big fan of crinkle fries on the rare occasion that I eat fries. But all in all, the flavorful burger made up for it. Bottled water was only fifty cents, pretty reasonable. However, this burger and fries combo is $12.00 plus tax, so some people might find that rather steep as I did, considering that's all that you're served. Perhaps they're using some high grade beef like Angus, so that's how they justify it. Menu doesn't specify, and I didn't ask, but it tasted great. FYI: I didn't realize until the credits rolled that there were paper towels under the table attached to a roller, so I'd been wiping my hands off into the basket I ate from.

I've read a lot of mixed reviews of Cinebarre, but my first and certainly not last experience was all positive.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

A favorite of mine- worth trip from downtown. The burgers are great and the service/staff is always friendly and accommodating. A great movie night gauranteed!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I'm not sure if this place is under new management in the last year, but it has been progressively going down hill. A lot of our friends say the same thing too. We will never bother going back after the last catastrophe we had here. Eat somewhere else first, then pick a different movie theater too! We now drive out of our way to NOT go here.

1  Thank Jane B
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Had never done a venu like this before. Basically a dinner theater. We ordered our tickets from fandango, but I believe you can just get your tickets at the box office (unless it's a very popular movie). No kids allowed which was great. Food good, food typical bar food. We found the pizza were very good. Not cheap, though! In addition to the movie price, we paid $60 for 2 aps, 2 dinners, and 2 ice teas (free refills on tea only)

Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is a new movie experience for me. I took my son to enjoy the movie Planes and never knew that they served food also. The staff is very courteous and helpful. The seats are comfortable and we will return on our next visit to Charleston

2  Thank Lennexmom