“Great try, but not convinced”

Cinebarre Mount Pleasant Stadium 11
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Cinebarre is the premiere movie-going destination in Charleston, with first run features, a full bar (including liquor) and restaurant quality food made fresh to order, we provide an experience that is unmatched. Come early and enjoy drinks at the lobby bar, then grab your seat and order appetizers, entrees or desserts right from your seat! Cinebarre Mount Pleasant is an 18+ establishment. If a minor child wishes to attend a feature a parent or adult guardian, 21 or over, is required to accompany and remain in the entire feature presentation with any underage individuals. Children 2 years of age and under are prohibited inside our facility, with the exception of the first show on Tuesday morning
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Columbia, South Carolina
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Great try, but not convinced”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I honestly thought this was a great idea. I really enjoyed the bar and pool table area in the lobby. How many times do you show up early for a movie with nothing to do while you wait? However, I didn't enjoy that the people around us were indecisive and had to consult one another on what to order. It sort of took away from the movie experience. I think it's a great concept, but needs a little work so that it isn't too disruptive for people who are just there for the movie. I would still recommend people give it a try, this is just my personal opinion.

Visited August 2011

65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Why would anyone go to a regular theater?”
Reviewed September 3, 2011

I'm stunned by the 2's on this site. We've been dozens of times and have never been disappointed. You do have to understand that service takes a back seat to not messing up the movie experience, but they do it very well.

Bumblechick Food talks about how they maximize the experience:

Visited September 2011
1 Thank BumblechickFood
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Idea Poor Execution Horrible Service”
Reviewed June 26, 2010

My first time visiting this theater was today. There were two girls at the ticket counter, only one chose to speak to the people standing in front of them. I heard this was the place to see a movie, I was excited. I came here especially to watch a movie to get the "experience" of this theater. I went into theater 6 and sat down. I expected someone to come over and let me know what was going on, but no one did. I sat through the movie with no soda, no popcorn, no nothing. There were people to the right of me, and there was a girl who checked on them several times. She never came to even acknowledge me. I was alone, but did that matter? Did I do something wrong? Am I too ugly? Did I not look hungry or thirsty - well I better work on that because I was both. Do I sound bitter? There was nothing special about this theater to me, but I was not able to try the food or tell you about the service except for the ticket girls who were more interested in talking to each other than selling tickets.

2 Thank TracyD930
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Disappointing.”
Reviewed June 8, 2010

The idea of this theater is great: watch movies while being waited on. They have a full menu with classic American pizza, sandwiches, appetizers, and deserts.

The staff fails to execute.

I arrived on a Sunday evening to watch the new film "Get Him to the Greek". I am new to the Charleston area and this was my first trip to Cinebarre. I approached the ticket booth and there were two young ladies just chatting away. They both refused to acknowledge my presence. After a minute of waiting I finally said "hi" to which the young lady simply responded "hi", then continued her conversation. I should have walked away then but I was in the mood for a movie. I do not like confrontation so I just stated my movie choice and she rang me up without even looking at me.

As you enter the theater there is a modern looking bar and the theaters are in the back. There was no one giving direction so I proceeded to find my theater myself.

Once I sat down I was greeted by my waitress who proceeded to explain the ordering process to me, then left me to look over the menu. The prices are a bit high for the quality of the food. In the meantime a large group was trying to find a row to sit. I offered my seat as I was by myself and I would simply move down a row. Once my waitress returned she asked why I had moved. I informed her of the matter and she then said "Well you are not in my section anymore so good luck being waited on." I was shocked.

The one saving grace of this theater was the young man who was my new server. He was very nice and offered some suggestions off the menu. The food arrived hot and he did an excellent job moving throughout the theater unnoticed as to not interrupt the movie for anyone.

The idea behind this theater is unique but the current management needs to remind their employees they are in the service industry. I would be embarrassed to be associated with this place. I would recommend trying this theater at least once. Maybe you will even have a better experience than me - it wouldn't be hard to achieve.

2 Thank chucktownguy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“We love Cinebarre!”
Reviewed May 26, 2010

Cinebarre is without a doubt our favorite place to watch a movie in the Charleston area. If you go during the week, they have ticket specials and every other day they have a military discount, which we really appreciate. The food is great, as far as bar food goes, and the portions are HUGE! Service has always been wonderful as well.

1 Thank raiderKT