“Nice store, decent selection, cold service”
Review of WineStyles Mt. Pleasant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
WineStyles Mt. Pleasant
More attraction details
Owner description: WineStyles Wine and Gifts has a selection of about 200 wines from around the world, most between $9 and $25. $5 Wine Tastings are offered evenings on Thursdays and Fridays and all day on Saturday. Enjoy boutique wines by-the-glass and cheese plates on a beautiful European-style patio. Gift Baskets with free local delivery, Gift Cards, Custom wine labels and Special-order wines and Wine Club are also available.
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Local customers are the key to a successful business in a tourist town. I've been into WineStyles a total of 3 times. The first time I went into view the store and the selection. I didn't get the "warm and fuzzy" feeling from the gentlemen working (owner), but did not think much of it.

The next time I went into the store was because of a Restaurant.com gift certificate I received. The female working the store was more tolerable then the male working the prior time. However, she talked in a condescending tone when offering advice for my upcoming Napa/Sonoma trip. I basically felt belitted after leaving. Mind you, I bought 4 bottles that day. Needless to say I didn't heed her advice she offered about Napa/Sonoma and had an amazing time anyway.

Lastly, I went into the store on August 18th while my wife shopped at a store next to WineStyles. My less than favorite guy was working (the owner). The greeting was luke warm and so was the poor wines he was offering for his "Five for $5" tasting. I didn't like any of his selections for the tasting and he basically scoffed at my reactions. The owner was more concerned talking about himself and his "dinner club" and previous employtment (CFO of a Winery in Napa). When attempting to make small conversation about my recent trip to Napa/Sonoma the owner was less than interested in making a connection with me (the customer). One would think that if you understood business that good service makes people happy. Happy people spend money. I just can't understand how this store has remand open for as long as it has. CFO's should stay behind a desk pushing pencils and using calculators, not as a face of a business. You can get better selection and feel valued down the road at Bottles in Mt. Pleasant.

3  Thank I_Like_To_Travel23
jwa519, Owner at WineStyles Mt. Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Wow - I haven't had a critique like that since my Mother-in-law's last visit - I'm the owner and I'm sorry your expectations were not met - it's unfortunate that you didn't experience all that has made us the go-to wine shop in Mount Pleasant for 4+ years now for customer service, top-notch wine selection and near-legendary weekly wine-tastings. Stop by and ask for me (Joe) or Jackie and we'll see that you don't miss out on your next visit. As for being a former wine industry CFO - sorry - but there's nothing I can do about that.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Great choices of consumer and quality level wines. Reasonable pricing and outstanding service. If you enjoy wine at home, definitely try this shop. Great experience.

1  Thank Joseph T
Reviewed May 13, 2011

Went here on a coupon from LivingSocial and we're so glad we did! The shop itself is full of great wines and equally great accessories. The owner was more than accommodating, and the wines available for tasting were great. After you've tasted the wines, you pick the one you liked best and you're given a glass to enjoy as you wander through the shop or sit at one of the bistro tables around the store. Don't miss this place!

3  Thank vikismom