Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $53.00
from $62.00
from $126.14
3,388 results
All reviews slave cabins house tour gullah presentation the main house oak trees working farm slave street coach tour first floor slave life tram ride butterfly garden live oaks tour of the grounds gullah theater cotton dock live presentation
Reviewed 2 days ago

My mom and I loved our visit, we especially loved the speaker who talked about the Gullah and slave culture on the plantation. It was very informative and she was very passionate about her culture. This was no additional charge and something all our young people should know about. The gardens are beautiful and we enjoyed our stroll thru them. I wish you could see more of the house, you only really get to see 3 rooms. The tractor ride around the plantation was also great and very educational!

1  Thank melissatipton0515
Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

I’m a huge North & South fan, so I was really excited for this tour. When touring the mansion, you only get to see two rooms. You had to sign up for any guided tours of the estate, which had wait times of an hour. Although it was only $24; I was still pretty disappointed. My expectations may have been set to high.

Reviewed 4 days ago

Superb residence and fun guide to show us around. The gardens are magnificent and looking at the few lovely horses was lovely. The best part though was to attend the one-woman show with this lady singing and telling us all about the past, her ancestors and life as a slave. She was amazing, what a voice and personality. We also took a wagon ride through the back of the property, fun to see how community-minded they are as there were many decorations ready for Hallowe'en.

1  Thank Lilly062
Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

I visited the Plantation when I attended the Scottish Highland Games. I could not believe how big the grounds are. Everything was well organized and easy to access. When we left we saw all the things they had hanging for Halloween. I'll bet that was a lot of fun at night to drive through. I plan to go back sometime to visit the house.

1  Thank BF61
Reviewed 5 days ago

Despite the extreme heat, my husband and I truly enjoyed our tour of the Boone Hall Plantation. There are a variety of tours, one on a hayride of the grounds, the other is in the "mansion". And there is a play and a self guided tour of the slave's cabins. The best part was the variety of ways the information was delivered and the knowledge and hospitality of the staff.

1  Thank Laurie N
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Lots of history, fun wagon ride around the plantation. The driveway is amazing with huge oak trees lining. The gardens were beautiful and house tour was interesting.

1  Thank chiefturner
Reviewed 1 week ago

It's an interesting old plantation home, with loads of history. I found the house tour a little dry, but there's plenty of room to wander about the grounds. The Gullah presentation was over the top! Don't miss it!

1  Thank GenghisKhan
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

While it was nice to see a working plantation, the price was really expensive. Also, the tours were short and not a lot of information was given. Good for people interested in this;however, the price almost ruined the experience.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Kinda disappointed to only get to see 3 rooms of the house. The live oak tree lined Avenue and boat house are amazing. It is nice but could have been better.

Reviewed 1 week ago

This is the oldest and longest working plantation in America. You will learn about the plantation owner, slavery and the end of slavery, as we know it today. In fact you will learn that slavery is still alive at many places in the world. That slavery was not just of black people, but white people and American Indians as well. You will be treated to a tour of the mansion house, a ride through the entire property on a tractor pulled carriage, and a few shows and education of the entire plantation and how the slaves lived. This was educational informational and a lot of enjoyable time. This is a must if you have a full day to spend here.

1  Thank Steven D