“What a place!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boone Hall Plantation

Boone Hall Plantation
More attraction details
Owner description: Working plantation with true southern charm. Features world famous avenue of oaks, 9 original slave cabins, butterfly garden, and a colonial revival style 1936 mansion. Tours and theatrical performances offered daily. Used in the filming of North and South, Queen, the Tempest, and The Notebook.
Murphy, North Carolina
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“What a place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Avenue of Oaks entrance is amazing! The grounds are very nice, however we didn't get to see the slave houses because it poured the rain on us. The tour of the house was well done even though the lady doing the tour had only been on the job 3 days...she did very well, considering that! I love learning about all the history - it fascinates me! My favorite part of the tour was the ride around the grounds and the driver telling us all his stories. He had worked at Boone Hall for many years and actually grew up on the plantation as his father worked on the plantation as well. He had such wonderful stories and I would go back just to hear them all over again! Absolutely amazing! Loved it... :)

Visited March 2013

• Korean first
Dwight, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“History at its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We really enjoyed this plantation visit. We were able to visit the house and gardens. We travelled thru history via the audiotour in the slave cabins. We heard the Gulla speaker. All of this was so informative. If you love history this is a must see

Visited April 2013
Calhoun, Georgia, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Worth a whole day visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The setting is beautiful and the history lesson is rich and informative. I really enjoyed my breif visit but only had a couple of hours to see what I could. I was able to tour the main house and the slave quarters, with time enough to read all the history presented in the cabins. I wish I had been able to tour the rest of the grounds and attend the Gullah Culture presentation. I will go bac at my first opportunity in the area to see the rest!

Visited March 2013
East Cupcake
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Boone Hall”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Plantation is beautiful but the drive in the tree lined road is what makes this Plantation awsome. The house was restored nicely but it should be since it was built in 1934. I was dissapointed with the tour of the house because it only included three rooms on the first floor. The tour guide was very informative and gave a great presentation I just wish there was more. I like the slave quarters and the historical signs set up inside them were very informative. The entry to the ground cost $20 and the tour was included. For the price it was a nice visit.

Visited May 2013
Hull, Massachusetts
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A Lovely Southern Plantation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

The grounds are so beautiful and and well kept. You can smell the flowers in the air. The tour guides really know their history both past and present and whats really nice is you can tell they really do care about the place. They enjoy what they do. So glad we went.

Visited May 2013