“Very Pretty Inn, Very UNCOMFORTABLE bed”
Review of The Inn at I'On

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Pleasant
The Inn at I'On
New York, NY
“Very Pretty Inn, Very UNCOMFORTABLE bed”
Reviewed July 4, 2009

The location of the Inn was perfect for us since we wanted to spend some time at the beach and some time exploring Charleston. The rooms were also nicely decorated and the bathroom had a HUGE tub. I also liked that the Inn provided access to a fitness center that offered spin classes and had a good size pool for lap swimming.

There were three downsides for me. 1. The bed and pillows were so uncomfortable. The bed was way too soft and the pillows were so big (great for reading in bed and watching TV but awful for sleeping) I ended up stacking a few towels and putting a pillow case over them. 2. Granted, when we visited, it was really hot, however the A/C was so high, it was freezing in the hallways and the room. 3. The restaurant is closed on Mondays, so if you stay Sunday night, you do not get the "breakfast" part of the "Bed and Breakfast".

Overall, the Inn was charming and the staff was helpful. If they could fix the few issues I sited, I think it could be a nice alternative to staying right in the heart of Charleston.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
DaiseyPaisley, Innkeeper at The Inn at I'On, responded to this review, July 23, 2009
We appreciate hearing from all of our Guests. I have shared your review with the Inn owners. The owners placed 19" high end luxury pillow top mattresses in all of the Inn rooms and after polling the Inn Guests they all rave about how comfortable the beds are. The majority of our Guests are pleased and surprised at how fluffy the pillows are as well. The Sunday night rate at the Inn is reduced to reflect the difference of not having the kitchen open on Monday to serve breakfast. The rooms do have in room coffee, refrigerators and other restaurant and stores within walking distance. The I'ON Club is a great spot for Guests to take spin classes, work out, play tennis or swim. The I'ON Community also has walking trails laid out through the neighborhood, rookery and along the marsh and creeks. We hope you stay with us again and give us another try.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Atlanta, Geogia
Reviewed April 29, 2009

This new Bed & Breakfast knows how to service their Guests. The rooms are well appointed and stocked with all the amenities you need. The rocking chairs on the porches are a great place to start your day with a cup of coffee. The Gourmet Breakfast is just as a Gourmet Breakfast should be and comes with your room. I had Goat Cheese Grits topped with Shrimp one morning and a Vegetable Bowl with Eggs another. The Dinner was out of this world; better that the overpriced restaurants I have dined in on my other visits to Charleston. The Inn location is great with you being closer to the beach than if you stay in Charleston and also there is no parking issue and you are a 5 minute drive to Market Street. The Staff is wonderful. As a Guest at the Inn you have access to the I'On Club. The pools and workout room were great. I will definately stay at this Inn on my return visits to my favorite historical city.

3 Thank InntoInnUSA
DaiseyPaisley, Joy Melton - Innkeeper at The Inn at I'On, responded to this review, May 15, 2009
We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time staying at The Inn At I'ON and eating in our restaurant, Jacob's Kitchen. We hope to see you again soon.