“What a Gem!”
Review of The Inn at I'On

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Pleasant
The Inn at I'On
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I am SO glad that we stayed at Ion! Its not far from downtown, but in a nother world. The planned community is so quiet and peaceful. Our room was lovely. The bathroom was a great surprise with its huge tub and fold down ironing board. Breakfast was really good too!

Kudos to Nikita, a new employee at I'on. She greeted us when we popped in to see if there were any rooms available. She made sure our reservation was taken care of right away and was very helpful. She was there at breakfast every morning too. Breakfast was really good.

We met Mike Russo - the proprieter. Really nice guy. He took the time to tell us about the inn and chatted for a bit. The others at the frontdesk weren't overly friendly, but that wasn't a real concern.

2  Thank clr1000
There are newer reviews for The Inn at I'On

Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

If you are like my wife and I, we use TripAdvisor to plan our trip and narrow down where we'd like to stay. If you want a clean, nicely appointed place to stay in a quiet comfortable bed where the staff does everything they can to make your stay the best, Inn at I'On is it. Don't expect full room service. Don't expect the sights of Charleston to be at your feet. The Charleston Visitor's Center is a 15 min. drive away. Do yourself a favot; stay here and drive to the visitor center and take the free trolley service into town. Plenty of stops to hop on and off. At the end of the day trolley back to your car and your room is 15 mins away. And we found that Mt. Pleasant has restaurants justs as good as Charleston and a few even better.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank NashvilleGreg
Reviewed September 19, 2012

If you are looking for a typical B&B/inn where the host/hostess will sit down with you and tell you about the area or make recommendations, this may not be the place for you. You check in and the people are friendly, but I saw nothing that would make it any different than checking in to a hotel that includes breakfast. With that said, the room was lovely and the breakfast is very very good. So it really depends on what you are looking for. We had booked a room in the main dwelling but when getting there, we were told that they "upgraded us" to a location down the road. When looking the two rooms up, they were the exact same price, so I'm not sure how that was an upgrade and we picked the original room so we COULD be in the main house where they serve their breakfast. Our waitress for breakfast was probably the most accommodating but she also was the one that checked us in. The owner was busy with paper work at the front desk when we checked in and when I brought over my breakfast menu as they asked, he was again, having a housekeeper help me. As far as our room, it was lovely. Great bathroom amenities and anything you really need in a room. Perhaps I'm comparing it too much to other B&B/Inns we stayed in on this trip where southern hospitality was in full tilt.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

The GOOD -
The location - 15 minutes from downtown Charleston and other attractions.
The size of the room.
The comfy bed.
The porch to sit and relax in the evening.
The attached restaurant - Carter's Kitchen.
The jetted tub and shower.
Access to a nice pool and gym.
Picturesque area of Mt Pleasant.

The BAD
No Comfy chairs in a very large room.
The guets are not informed of what timeframe the rooms will be cleaned. If you miss the "unknown timeframe" your room won't be cleaned or restocked.
The lack of onsite staff to assist guests with questions and concerns - for example the owner is available by cell phone but we were not comfortable calling for directions to the health club which was hidden behind a school and its parking lot.
The amenities, ie fridge, hair dryer etc are not spelled out on the website. We called before we left home to confirm our reservation and check on the amenities and were told by the person who answered that they were restaurant staff and had no idea what was in the rooms.
We stayed six nites and the bed linens were not changed.

The bottom line - Given the opportunity we would stay here again.

2  Thank DWH57
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Located in nearby community. Excellent chef on site for dinner and drinks in the evening. Breakfast was cooked to order. Beautiful, new rooms. Access to fitness center and pool. Loved staying here! There are few touristy restaurants on the water in Mt. Pleasant for seafood and atmosphere as well. All in all, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you don't want to stay in Charleston, but nearby, this is the place to be!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlloverItaly_11
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We thought everything was just perfect-- large and gorgeous room, very clean, extremely comfortable bed, breakfast was to die for (best shrimp & grits I'd ever have). For the money we thought it was a great value.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ForeverFoodie19
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband and I travel to Charleston at least four times a year to see family. We always stay at the Inn at I'On and would never stay any where else. Mike Russo and his staff are terrific! The rooms are beautifully furnished and very comfortable, the bathrooms are large and have the best rain shower...and the food from Carter's kitchen is delicious. What more can you ask for? It's our home away from home.

Room Tip: all the rooms are quiet and lovely. you can't go wrong choosing any of them.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family