“Great Breads Decent Sandwich” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great Breads Decent Sandwich”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I visited this bakery/luncheonette on a recent Saturday. The smells are captivating. Chocolate brownie, rosemary bread and crusty baguette permeated the air. There are several crafty sandwiches a couple of salads, fresh and made to order. My roast beef was perfectly rare. Served on a large, tasty rosemary roll. The fresh mozzarella was lost in the bread and the sandwich screamed for flavor and a food shake of salt. I chose fruit for a side. At almost $10 for a sandwich, I really expect a little more effort there. I received a couple of grapes cantaloupe and a bite sized piece of pineapple. Served in a plastic condiment container it amounted to about two tablespoons. Just because you are in Ion doesn't mean you should gouge the patrons. Showed lots of promise with just a bit of tweeking

Charleston, South Carolina
“Delicious little lunch spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

For some reason, I have never ventured to this cute little restaurant, tucked away in Mt. Pleasant. I am so glad that I found it, though! I LOVE it! I went there for lunch today and it was so delicious! I could not decide what to order at first...they have everything from chicken salad, gourmet sandwiches, to quiche, to homemade soup, to fresh salads. I opted for the pick two: ham, broccoli, cheese quiche (just out of the oven) and the mary hope salad (mix of fresh lettuce, craisins, almonds and goat cheese). My lunch was spectacular! I have lunch plans with a friend for later this week and we will definitely be eating here!

They also have an assortment of wine, as well as take-n-bake casseroles! I will be here probably once a week from this point forward.

• Visited January 2014
Charleston, South Carolina, USA
“Casual Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The best sandwiches and any prepared meal. They do exceptional food in the cutest and best location East of the Cooper. Pretty and delicious

Visited November 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great food, the price is the only negative”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I love this restaurant and the fact that all of the food is made fresh. The only reason that I can not give it a 5 rating is because it is overpriced. I eat here as a treat to myself, but can not eat here as often as I would like because of the price.

Bottom line, if you have a very deep pocket book eat here often and enjoy the wonderful food. If not, still eat here just to experience the great taste and friendly atmosphere. The soups are great and so are the sandwiches.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Flowery Branch, Georgia
“Ok but pricey!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Artisanal sandwiches, soup and salads. Portions are small and items are expensive for what you get. Would not go out of my way to eat here again.

Visited April 2013