“Ok but pricey!!”

Square Onion
Ranked #91 of 353 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Artisanal sandwiches, soup and salads. Portions are small and items are expensive for what you get. Would not go out of my way to eat here again.

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I met a friend in Mt Pleasant yesterday so we could have a relaxed lunch, and sit, talk and relax. After driving over 4 hours to see my Avian Vet, Dr Biascoechea (the BEST vet ever!). I asked his Office Manager where she recommended we have lunch and she said The Square Onion, hands down, for great artisan sandwiches! Boy was she right! Each sandwich has a name, but I can't remember them. My sandwich was a Roast Beef something with the word Goose in it. It had fresh mozzarella cheese, lettuce, tomato and a balsamic vinegarette reduction sauce. It was grilled to perfection! I was in heaven with the first bite! My friend actually asked if there was something wrong with me, because I just froze savoring that bite in my mouth! That was one of the best sandwiches I have ever eaten. I savored the whole thing very slowly! My friend chose their Chicken Salad sandwich which was also grilled. It was HUGE! It looked delicious also, with their spin on the toppings, and she said it was fantastic. You also get sides to chose from. I had the White Bead Chorizo and my friend had the fruit salad. Both were excellent.

I'm sure the Square Onion can get very busy during the Summer months because everyone is on vacation & touring the area. Inside seating is limited, but there are more seating areas outside with umbrellas when weather permits. We were lucky to be able to take our time and have a very relaxing lunch that was truly excellent! Don't miss this hidden gem. Your taste buds will thank you!

1  Thank MotherBunny
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I have lunched here many times and I like it. But it is pretty expensive for what is received. The sandwiches and other items are really tasty but I find the menu to be rather much for the value received. Pretty much sandwiches, quiches, and salads. Lunch can easily run $13 or so for sandwich, tea and dessert. I think that is a lot.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

offering take home casseroles/pasta dishes, not wonderful, but better than burgers in bag

Reviewed April 2, 2012

The chicken salad was great! It had a touch of ginger in it! Great staff and food!!

1  Thank Julie D