Days Inn Mount Pleasant-Charleston-Patriots Point
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
North Charleston Marriott(North Charleston)
MainStay Suites(Mount Pleasant)
Good 3.5/5
1,025 results
All reviewsstay at days innroom was cleanravenel bridgedowntown charlestonisle of palmssullivan's islandmountconvenience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 18, 2006

Don't stay here. I usually stay at the Hilton chain, but decided to save a little money on this trip. When I checked in, a couple in front of me was having a heated discussion with the manager about a lack of microwave and internet access (they said they were features advertised). The manager said sorry but not all rooms have such things. I was told my rate would be $59 per night. When I checked in they said it was $69. The clerk said she could do nothing that evening. When I discussed the misate with the folks the next morning I was told you are out of luck. I could care less about the 10 bucks but it is the principle. When I book a room, I write down the confirmation number the rate the dates, etc. Tell the management of this place that this is not how we do things in the USA. Stay at the Sleep Inn, just a few blocks closer towards the Hilton. It is new clean and they won't call you a liar.

Also, the place is not well kept, noisy (highway as well as people standing outside your room).

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank walmartdoesnotsuck
Reviewed October 2, 2006

I was hesitant after reading some of the reviews, but I believe the hotel has remodeled since most of them were written. This hotel was wonderful for the price. My rate was $63 plus tax from the hotel website. There was a pretty courtyard area that was well kept. The pool looked nice. The rooms were not huge, but had good quality carpet and bedding. The bathroom was fine - everything was clean. There was a small fridge and microwave. The staff was friendly, and there was wireless internet. A Huddle House is attached (didn't eat there). It took all of ten minutes to get to historic Charleston. There was NOTHING even close to this price range in the area, and believe me, I checked. I really lucked out with this hotel. I will say that if there are people talking loudly outside the door, you can hear them clearly. Also, be aware that you are charged a $1.07 daily fee for the room safe, whether you use it or not. Seems to me that should be in the price of the room. It's like charging extra for the fridge or blowdryer.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 24, 2006

Checked in on June 18, 2006.(Days Inn) .We were not told that the swimming pool was not fit to swim in..Two teenagers and one 8 year old were very disappointed..We were told it would be opened the next day...Needless to say, We did check out on the 22nd and still no pool....I did notice the night of 21st that they had put up a notice about the pool...The only thing we seen added to the pool was chlorine and more chlorine which of course did nothing to take away the the problem...otherwise the motel and price of the rooms were good.

2  Thank BobbieD28
A TripAdvisor Member
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed October 23, 2005

Arrived with 3 children for soccer tournament only to find a nightmare hotel room. The sheets on bed were dirty, stained, and not changed, the bathroom was not clean (toilet or bathtub), cockroaches in the room and on the beds. We changed to a different room and that room did not have any towels, no working telephone. The management did not attempt to help or resolve the issue. The hotel desk clerk was disrespectful and rude. We had to check out and check into a different hotel. Our stay in this hotel was uncomfortable, horrible and disgustingly dirty.We will not ever go to this hotel. Not a family place-- Extremely dirty!

• Stayed: October 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 10, 2005

This motel is a nightmare and I reported it to the Better Business Bureau, the Board of Health and the Dept of Consumer Affairs. First, it was very noisy due to construction and renovation; in the morning, there wasnt any hot water to shower; the clerk said these issues would be addressed. They were not. The next day the toilet backed up and couldnt be flushed. There still was no hot water. In addition, the general condition of the room and grounds is shabby and the swimming pool was more like a stagnant cess pool half filled with swamp water. I checked out after the second day (and found lovely accomodations elsewhere) when it became apparent that the desk clerk had no ability to address the problems and the manager had no interest in doing so.

The clerk apologized and told me that she was sure the manager would make an adjustment to my bill for the two nights I stayed there. I finally got a $25 refund--big deal! A motel that can't provide hot water and toilet facilities shouldnt charge anything.

This is a sincere warning, not a crank complaint.

• Stayed: March 2005