Days Inn Mount Pleasant-Charleston-Patriots Point
Ranked #23 of 23 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Independence, Missouri
“BED BUGS”
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Well the hotel wasn't bad the rooms where kinda of small. There were burgers on the wall. But we over looked it all and woke up to BED BUGS!!! It was awful. They were all over the place in the bed. On my daughter's pillow she woke up to them. I will NOT stay here ever again. My x also went to a Days Inn in Columbia and had the same problem... BED BUGS but they weren't so willing to return their money. If you like bugs and don't care to have your blood sucked go for it!!!! NEVER AGAIN will we stay here.

Room Tip: Check out the Beds first!!!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank kquig_1
SalesMTPDI, Director of Sales at Days Inn Mount Pleasant-Charleston-Patriots Point, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
We are sorry to hear your stay was less than satisfactory. We have a pest control company that we contract and maintain a preventative inspection to prevent any pest issues or concerns. As all exterior properties unfortunately we experience minimum activity from outside pest and do our best to prevent and control all activity. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Manchester, Kentucky
Reviewed July 30, 2011

My wife, son and I stayed here just this past week. The entire trip was spur of the moment, my parents were staying in Isle of Palms and we just up and decided to come and stay as well. Originally, we had reservations at the Red Roof Inn. When I arrived to check in at the Red Roof, the staff was quite rude and I was extraordinarily surprised. I acted rashly by immediately cancelling my reservation and saw the Days Inn across the street. I went online and found great rates at DaysInn.com. The room was exceptionally clean, and the ammenities were better than expected for the price we were paying. One small complaint was the toilet. For some odd reason it wouldn't flush completely, it would either have to be flushed two or three times or the handle would have to be held down. Definitely not a complaint that should deter anyone from staying. We decided, upon leaving, that we will be returning in October during my son's fall break from school. Great hotel, great price, great staff!

Room Tip: Use Daysinn.com to find a great deal.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jtaylor3578
SalesMTPDI, Director of Sales at Days Inn Mount Pleasant-Charleston-Patriots Point, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Thank you and we appreciate you taking the time to post your review. Our goal to not only meet your expectation but to exceed them was accomplished. Its rewarding knowing the hard work of the staff is noticed and appreciated. Thank you for choosing Days Inn Patriot's Point for your lodging needs and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Orange County, Ca
Reviewed July 15, 2011

This was ranked as a star 2 and it is clearly NOT! It was VERY OVER PRICED for a star 1 quality. This is more like a 'cheap motel'...I feel like i am in a Motel 6! Ugh. There are OLD bedspreads. The rooms are full of cheap towels. Cheap looking everything. There is no gym! No room service! No bathmat for the shower and just all around 'cheap'. I felt like trailor trash staying here! It was embarrassing!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
We are sorry to hear you were not satisfied during your stay and we would have been more than happy to address your concerns during your stay. We renovated approximately two years ago and continue on a daily basis to update and renovate needed areas of the property. It is our goal to make your stay pleasant and to not only meet but to exceed your expectations. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Central, South Carolina
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We were looking for a "cheaper" clean hotel close to downtown Charleston during the 4th of July weekend. Days Inn - Patriots Point was just across the bridge and very easy to access. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly. We will be returning to Days Inn!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
We appreciate you taking time out of your day to post your review, Thank You. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and plan on staying with us in the future. Our clean, afforadable and good location makes the Days Inn Patriot's Point a great location for one and all's lodging needs.
Conway, South carolina USA
Reviewed July 3, 2011

My husband and I stayed in this hotel on the night of 6-28-2011 because he had a morning doctor's appt. in Mt. Pleasant on the following day. I booked it on Priceline and had some trepidation about it after seeing some bad reviews of this hotel. The room was clean, non-smoking with 2 double beds as promised and had nice extras such as an alarm clock (which we did not use since we asked for a wake-up call and used my cell phone alarm clock), an iron and ironing board which worked well, a blow dryer which neither of us ended up using and a coffee maker (which I had trouble with because the plastic compartment for the coffee came off it's hinges and I could not get it back on); I think I could have asked for assistance from the desk or another coffee maker but we were going to eat breakfast shortly so in the interest of time I did not take the trouble. We were told internet was available but did not use it because we did not bring a laptop and did not have time. We also did not use the swimming pool, but I think it was there. We were on the second floor and there was an elevator. The downside was that breakfast was not included as it is at many hotels (at least a light continental-style breakfast); a Huddle House Restaurant open 24 hrs. a day was attached to the motel and hotel guests were given 10% off our bill. My husband wanted pancakes but they said they were not available except when the restaurant was not busy. Part of my husband's breakfast order was wrong, but the staff was good and would have corrected it but we did not have time to have something else cooked and brought out. The cable t.v. was nice & new and the bathroom had a shower and bath tub. I love bath tubs and often hotels lack tubs. I would not book with Priceline again because I could have done better dealing directly with the motels. I asked for a queen bed from the motel after booking it and they said they could not change it because it was already paid for. Priceline charged a $ 10.00 fee for a resort area on top of the base rate and 11.5 % tax so we paid a total of over $ 76.00. Breakfast for the two of us was $ 14.00 with the 10% motel discount. I got good service from the front desk for help with driving directions to the doctor's office from the hotel.

Room Tip: Deal directly with the local motels/hotels
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank RiverChick012
SalesMTPDI, Director of Sales at Days Inn Mount Pleasant-Charleston-Patriots Point, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to give your reveiw on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to serve you hence the reviews you may have read. It is our goal to not only meet but to exceed your expectations. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed July 1, 2011

I frequently stay in cheap hotels when traveling and very infrequently have complaints. I know what I am getting into when staying in cheap hotels, and usually I don't mind or or complain because I view a hotel simply as a place to sleep and am not a high-maintenance person. However, this place generally sucked. The beaches are further away than they claim (going to the beach was my reason for traveling to Charleston). The shower was intolerable. It was stopped up from the beginning, water filled up in it quickly, and it drained out very slowly. I just stopped taking showers because I could no longer take standing in a pool of my own sandy filth. And, oddly, cold water did not come out of the faucets. Finally, I saw a couple of those roly-poly bugs (or pill bugs, as some might call them) on the bathroom wall. I departed for home half a day early just because I was sick of staying in this hotel. It certainly wasn't worth the $75/night I paid. I have stayed in much cheaper for much better (i.e., adequate) conditions. I just look for the basics when staying at a hotel (all I ask is to take a halfway decent shower and be able to brush my teeth with cold water), and this place did not meet those standards. Given my generally low standards in life, I don't usually say this, in any context, but...I deserve better. If you are a human being who breathes oxygen, then you do, too.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank conanlover
Our goal is not only to meet but to excceed your expectations. We would have been more than happy to address any and all of your concerns during your stay. We continue on a daily basis to renovate, improve and maintain our property. Please know that your conerns will be addressed to ensure all guest stays are pleasant and satisfactory. It is our hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Ellijay, Georgia
Reviewed June 30, 2011

My one & only complaint was the noise of the other guests. They put a family with 3 kids on the upper level above our room. They ran up & down the stairs half the night being very loud. The parents should have been spoken with about this matter. There were several guests upset. The pool was good. The Huddle House connected to the hotel was a plus also. Very close & convenient to everything!

Room Tip: poolside rooms are best
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ADH22
Thank you for your veiw and we are gald to hear you will return.