“Happy Vacation”

Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant
Ranked #23 of 25 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went through priceline.com and did not know what hotel we would get as we did express deals on priceline. We were extremely pleased with the hotel accomendations and would do priceline again. We would also stay at Extended Stay America in Mt Pleasant again. The only downside was it did not have a hot breakfast although it did have coffee, hot chocolate, fresh fruit, breakfast bars and instant oatmeal.

Room Tip: Please be aware very lite breakfast is provided. Hotel is great and Pet Friendly. Also if traveli...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Jonathan - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel amenities and accommodations. Our grab-and-go breakfast is a fairly new program we have introduced; however, we will keep your comments regarding the hot breakfast items in mind as we make updates to the program in the future.

It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us. Again, the staff and I would like to thank you for posting your review.

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

This place may be noted as a 2 star on some sites because they don't supply shampoo and conditioner ... But bring your own and save a bundle staying here! Wow, nice place. Very convenient to downtown, yet far enough to be affordable. "Grab and go" breakfast in the morning, comfy beds, NO odor that I noticed, friendly staff at front ...
Seriously a steal for under 150 in the high season!

• Stayed: August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you so much for posting such a wonderful review about your stay and our property. We were delighted to hear that you agreed that we are a great value for the dollar, and in one of the best locations with easy access to downtown, the beaches, and all Charleston has to offer. Also, happy to hear you enjoyed our grab and go breakfast and we hope that when in Charleston again that you will choose us for your lodging needs. Again, myself and my team thank you.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

The staff is non-exsistent, the entire place smells of musty mold, there was hair in the bathroom, and people smoking pot at the entrance of the hotel. While this hotel is a value compared to the rest of the area, the savings is not worth the horrible conditions. Don't bother.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Four V

Thank you for writing a review about your stay. I want to start by apologizing for not meeting your expectations. We strive to provide a clean and affordable home away from home experience and I am sorry we failed at that mission. I will coach my team to provide better service in the future.

Once again, I apologize for your experience and if you wish to discuss more you can contact me at cmp@extendedstay.com.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Needed a place to stay quick .. Priceline for $70 bucks a night and 10min from downtown? Suuuure. SUPER easy access from down town - first left after you cross the bridge. Quite, well lighted, and I felt safe (as I travelled alone with a 2year old). Full kitchenette, a cold a/c, the shower was hot, the halls quiet, and the 'grab and go' breakfast was plenty for the baby and I.
Cons: it USE to be a smoking hotel and though the renovations have happened I still smelt some old stale smoky smell the minute I walked in. As I am super sensitive to smoke I was afraid this may cancel my being able to stay there -- BUT it didn't. No coughing, sneezing, or wheezing was to be had. It just wasn't the most pleasant or clean smelling hotel I have been to on other trips. The only other tiny complaint was the single little german cockroach I spotted in the bathroom on the second night. Not the usual southern grown palmetto bugs or roaches but a teeny tiny little German roach, from which I know from experience are WAY harder to fumigate and rid of than the usual roach.
Also keep in mind no pool for those with kids.
We both slept like champs both nights. We got what we paid for in basic basics and a kitchenette with a grab and go breakfast vs fancy basics and no kitchenette and a continental breakfast.
Overall, I would frequent this place again as one with a small child the kitchenette came in handy.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed our location with easy access to downtown. As well, it is great to know that you liked our fully furnished kitchens and grab-and-go breakfast. Still, I am sorry for the level of cleanliness in your room. Our housekeeping staff is currently working to correct this issue.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Friendly staff,great rooms,grab and go breakfast is fantastic,wonderful location. Most economical stay for the Charleston area, 7 minutes tops to downtown Charleston. Safe location ,near grocery and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our great rooms, grab-and-go breakfast, wonderful location and friendly staff. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Loved that we had a full size kitchen for the same price as a regular hotel room. However, it would have been even better if there was at least a toaster oven.
Great location: not too far from downtown but also in a calm and peaceful area. Grocery store, froyo and Whole Foods right across the street.
Very friendly staff.
Cons:
- Morning "breakfast" could be better, specially compared to the options available at the Holiday Inn next door, but I guess you get what you pay for.
- No fitness center
- Laundry is not free

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you loved our full-size kitchens, and our wonderful location. It was also great to hear your comments about our friendly staff.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was looking for something affordable for my boyfriend and I for the weekend. Price was 80-90$ a night. It comes with a small kitchen so you don't have to spend all your money going out. Most importantly, IT WAS CLEAN AND THE BED WAS COMFY. I was a little nervous that we picked a cheap motel. Not at all the case. The room and bathroom were very clean. The woman at the front desk was incredibly nice as well. Great service. Location is great. 10 min drive from downtown charleston and 15 to Isle of Palms. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that you were impressed with or hotel and so happy to hear that you discovered that we are a great value for the dollar in a wonderful location and they we offer clean comfortable rooms. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.