“Great deal on Priceline!”

Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
“Great deal on Priceline!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Needed a place to stay quick .. Priceline for $70 bucks a night and 10min from downtown? Suuuure. SUPER easy access from down town - first left after you cross the bridge. Quite, well lighted, and I felt safe (as I travelled alone with a 2year old). Full kitchenette, a cold a/c, the shower was hot, the halls quiet, and the 'grab and go' breakfast was plenty for the baby and I.
Cons: it USE to be a smoking hotel and though the renovations have happened I still smelt some old stale smoky smell the minute I walked in. As I am super sensitive to smoke I was afraid this may cancel my being able to stay there -- BUT it didn't. No coughing, sneezing, or wheezing was to be had. It just wasn't the most pleasant or clean smelling hotel I have been to on other trips. The only other tiny complaint was the single little german cockroach I spotted in the bathroom on the second night. Not the usual southern grown palmetto bugs or roaches but a teeny tiny little German roach, from which I know from experience are WAY harder to fumigate and rid of than the usual roach.
Also keep in mind no pool for those with kids.
We both slept like champs both nights. We got what we paid for in basic basics and a kitchenette with a grab and go breakfast vs fancy basics and no kitchenette and a continental breakfast.
Overall, I would frequent this place again as one with a small child the kitchenette came in handy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed our location with easy access to downtown. As well, it is great to know that you liked our fully furnished kitchens and grab-and-go breakfast. Still, I am sorry for the level of cleanliness in your room. Our housekeeping staff is currently working to correct this issue.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
Saluda, South Carolina
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Friendly staff,great rooms,grab and go breakfast is fantastic,wonderful location. Most economical stay for the Charleston area, 7 minutes tops to downtown Charleston. Safe location ,near grocery and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our great rooms, grab-and-go breakfast, wonderful location and friendly staff. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Loved that we had a full size kitchen for the same price as a regular hotel room. However, it would have been even better if there was at least a toaster oven.
Great location: not too far from downtown but also in a calm and peaceful area. Grocery store, froyo and Whole Foods right across the street.
Very friendly staff.
Cons:
- Morning "breakfast" could be better, specially compared to the options available at the Holiday Inn next door, but I guess you get what you pay for.
- No fitness center
- Laundry is not free

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you loved our full-size kitchens, and our wonderful location. It was also great to hear your comments about our friendly staff.

Baltimore
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was looking for something affordable for my boyfriend and I for the weekend. Price was 80-90$ a night. It comes with a small kitchen so you don't have to spend all your money going out. Most importantly, IT WAS CLEAN AND THE BED WAS COMFY. I was a little nervous that we picked a cheap motel. Not at all the case. The room and bathroom were very clean. The woman at the front desk was incredibly nice as well. Great service. Location is great. 10 min drive from downtown charleston and 15 to Isle of Palms. Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that you were impressed with or hotel and so happy to hear that you discovered that we are a great value for the dollar in a wonderful location and they we offer clean comfortable rooms. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Banner Elk, North Carolina
Reviewed May 7, 2013

In reading other reviews, and traveling on business we decided to stay at this hotel. Noting that it had been recently remodeled, we were very happy! It was probably the best value in the area. It is right across the river from the Historic District with easy access to everything. It is also in a very safe area. The staff was very friendly and the hotel appearance was excellent and clean.

Great room... great value. Would recommend!

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor near the front of the hotel. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our location and the recent remodeling of our hotel.

Sacramento, California
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed at the Extended Stay the night before catching a cruise in Charleston. We left Myrtle Beach early so we'd have time to check out Charleston. Unfortunately, we arrived around noon and could not check in until 3:00 p.m. They would not hold our bags so we could not do the exploring we wanted to do. We had planned to stay here again upon returning from the cruise, but decided to change to Best Western on the other side of Highway 17. These rooms do have small kitchens and the rooms were clean. The rooms do not include blow dryers, but when I called the front desk they said I could come down and check one out.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Terry - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The situation you described regarding your luggage is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am speaking with my team in regards to this matter and coaching them on how to handle it better in the future .

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at cmp@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Mason, Michigan
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

It's not the fanciest hotel in the area, but it is safe, clean, very friendly and easy access to lots of attractions! Bed is very comfy! The fact that we could fix our own food and did not have to eat out all meals was a plus!

• Stayed April 2013
Gloria - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our wonderful location and the kitchens in our guest rooms.