Hampton Inn and Suites Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Isle Of Palms
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed July 21, 2009

My son and I recently stayed 3 nights at the Hampton Inn and Suites Charleston/Mt. Pleasant. Nevertheless, it was an enjoyable stay. The staff was extremely courteous as well as accommodating. Breakfast was absolutely wonderful; however, I wish there had been bacon! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009
1  Thank pmauldi

Reviewed July 5, 2009

We really enjoyed our stay ,most of the staff was very courteous and helpful, thought evening managers reception was very nice and appreciated by us, enjoyed the pool and breakfast /lobbyarea

1  Thank j14oakley
Reviewed June 26, 2009

I flew in after a stay at a Hampton Inn in New Jersey. I had a wonderful stay there, but this place was very different.

They did let me check in early, which was really wonderful because I was about to fall over from exhaustion. Check out time is at noon too, which is nice.

The hotel is under construction and I was surprised at how poorly they planned their work. I was there for a conference and they started drilling into the wall of our conference room.

My room smelled horrible, but all they did was spray air freshener.

The thing that really annoyed me is that they advertise free wifi but there is NO CONNECTIVITY. Really made it hard for me to get any work done!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank MsAHw
Reviewed June 14, 2009

I am generally a big fan of Hampton Inn, but this place is an exception. The construction is running behind schedule, and based on what I saw on June 7 to June 9, it has weeks if not a couple months to go. The room next to us had jackhammers going in it until 5:30 PM, the hallways were dirty, and the rooms that were not under construction were not to typical Hampton standards. The desk staff seems a bit oblivious to the guests concerns about construction. This noted, the construction crew was very polite, the location is great with a nice shopping center in the same parking lot, and it is about 5 miles down the road from a pretty nice beach at Isle of Palms.

Hopefully after the construction is complete this place will be worthy of better reviews.

Reviewed June 11, 2009

Desk staff was very unprofessional and unorganized. The room/maid service was the only redeeming quality about our stay. Could not use "being under construction" as an excuse for doing such a lousy job otherwise. The pool was not cleaned our entire stay. Be very careful paying with a debit/credit card; the staff does not have a clue about charging your card. We spent a good portion of our time trying to figure out the charges and why our card was blocked only to be told that we did not understand "hotel billing language". I understand that if our stay is paid - the balance should be zero! And, we could not get a receipt. Our vacation had the issues, but the staff had the attitude. Hampton Inn should be ashamed of this one...

Reviewed May 4, 2009

Check in was slow.
Food was not very good. No managers special.
Location is great.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2009

We stayed here while doing a bluegreen presentation weekend. We had a room with a king size bed - small fridge - love seat - coffe table. The bed was nice and comfy! I love the Hamtons bed clothes. Anyway - the location was pretty great! Right behind the hotel is a little mini mall with a grocery store, liqour store, marble slab ice cream , shane's rib shack, and a steak house. A little but further down the road - very walkable in good weather - is a great shopping outdoor type mall. All kind of places to shop and eat - even a nice theatre. ( TGI Fridays - Chilis- Longhorns )

The staff and cleanliness off were good. The breakfast was hot and fresh each morning - always someone there refreshing it or cleaning the area. The fireplace "lodge" type feel was nice and homey. They even had board games out - that guest could play in the lobby.

Even though it is a good little drive to downtown Charleston - 10 - 15 min dep on traffic - the location to other things - makes up for that drawback.

I would def stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple