Hampton Inn and Suites Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Isle Of Palms
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
kansas city, United States
“Hotel staff”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Almost always had to wait on staff at check-in, check-out, assistance in my stay. Had a billing problem which I have called the hotel about 3 times now. I've found in this situation, they are unhelpful and unprofessional as I've received no return calls. Besides that, the breakfast was great and staff who assisted with breakfast bar were especially helpful and kind.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

J B, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Isle Of Palms, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
We appreciate reading both the positive and negitive of her experience. Our weekends can be quite demanding on the staff as tourists have many more questions than the average hotel guest. We take the time answer and help make the most of their time here in Charleston . We do apologize if there seemed to be a wait from time to time. We certainly hope we have answered her billing question and look forward to Janae S's return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Orangeville, Canada
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We often stay at the Hampton Inn and I am a hhonor member. Previous to our trip, I received a promo email telling us that if we stayed five consecutive nights at the one and same inn, as we did, we would receive our fifth night free. We mentioned this to staff and the manager who said they did not know anything about this and put us on to the central number. We got a song and a dance around the meaning of the promotion and did not gain our fifth night. Since being a member I have received few benefits, in spite of my insistence on using Hampton Inns whenever we travel. I like the Hampton Inns and any of their affiliate hotels. The beds are always comfortable, and we know what to expect when we stay. I can honestly say, the best Hampton Inn we have stayed in was the one in Savannah, Historic District. When I mentioned the hhonors silver status (my membership) they did give us a late checkout. Overall, I find the staff friendly, inviting, especially in Savannah.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Susan J
J B, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Isle Of Palms, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
We thank this guest for sharing her frustration. The property staff did not promise to provide her 5th night free each time she inquired with multiple team members. The monthly Hilton Honors newsletter is promoting guest who redeem points for hotel stays. If a guest redeems 4 nights by using the points they earned, HHonors will give them an additional night of points to use (5th night free)! The reviewer was personally paying for 5 nights, therefore she did not qualify for this reward redemption offering. Guests can always call the 24 hour Rewards Desk Hotline at 800.449.4155 to book a reward point stay or just to get clarification on certain promotions. We hope to see her back on a redemption stay soon!
Silver Lake, United States
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The staff at the Mount Pleasant, SC Hampton exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend this property. You are minutes from the beaches at Isle of Palms. Wonderful resturants are very close and you can easily get to downtown Charleston pretty fast.

Greensboro, NC, United States
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My experience was very good. It was the most I have ever paid to stay at a Hampton Inn. The average rate in the past has been around 169 dollars a night. I was there for a wedding, and checked over and over for a better rate, but never was given one even after seeing advertisements for lower rates.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Aiken, SC, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel is in a very good, central location. It is walking distance to restaurants, shopping, grocery, book store, and the beach is just 5 minutes away. The staff is friendly and helpful. Wonderful weekend getaway.

Simpsonville, South Carolina
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a three-day stay during spring break with my wife and 7 year-old son. We were visiting Charleston to tour Patriot's Point and Fort Sumter. My primary hotel chain for business travel is Hilton corporation, so I often stay at Hampton Inns. This hotel met my typical expectations for Hampton Inn, which includes decent continental breakfast and clean rooms. At this location, the staff was friendly and helpful, while the location was convenience to shopping, restaurants, and attractions. The hotel is adjacent to a large outlet store shopping area, and about 15 minutes from the Charleston historic district, Patriot's Point, and the Isle of Palms. Also, nearby is Blackbeard's Cove, a family fun center with mini golf, go-karts, paint ball, and arcade. I highly recommend BB's Cove, if you have children.

Pros: Location, cleanliness, price
Cons: Lots of families created a crowded breakfast area, but it was Spring Break, so no surprise. The LCD TV was 32", so a little small in my opinion. Most Hampton Inns have 42" LCD TVs.

2 Thank Dave L
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This hotel was truly a great find, and a great deal. On a previous visit to see friends in Mt Pleasant, we'd stayed at the Charleston Harbor Resort, and paid a lot more than the Hampton Inn, and found it to be disappointing.

While the Hampton Inn may not have a view of Charleston harbor, it is clean, comfortable, friendly, convenient, and an affordable place to stay! Can't beat the location--right off the IOP, and next to shops in the Towne Center. Great beds, nicely appointed rooms with free wifi, comfy lobby, decent complimentary breakfast buffet, and the staff couldn't do enough for us!

I have bad allergies to dust and mold and they were not bothering me at all on this stay. That says a lot about how clean they keep this place, trust me!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple