I have been very hesitant to publish this review for a couple of reasons. First and foremost, this hotel and it's staff has all of my contact information and credit card, etc. This puts me in a very risky situation. Also, I feel like though my experience was horrible, according to many other reviews, my visit was a fluke. I have went through several channels to remedy this and thus to avoid this rating. I'm still waiting. I have received an apology. But that's it. So much for "Hamptons 100% Satisfaction guaranteed" policy.
In the end, 2 months later, I have decided to post. It is worth the risk and I wouldn't want anyone to have to go through what we did.
I will start by saying the lobby area and pool area is beautiful.
In brief, during our (late night) check-in the front desk person was rude. Not rude like "not much of a smile" or "no extra information was given." Rude like RUDE. And then not long after, when I came back with my room complaint,SUPER rude AGAIN. I have NEVER experienced anything like it.
And about the room. Yes, it was a bit worn. A little dingy. I can live with that. But the stench when I opened up the door smelled as if someone had used the carpet in the corner for a urinal. And it had not been cleaned. At all. Tub. Sheets. But the bed had been made... And towels hung up neat and tidy... Ewww.... But let me go back. This would not have been the problem that it is except for the FRONT DESK. I would have gladly packed up my bags and moved to a new fresh, clean room. But the reaction I got from the front desk.... Grrr.....
In the end we moved to a new room and checked out early the next morning. We found another hotel in the area (which was amazing by the way! See my other review) in the Hilton chain.
I could say sooo much more but it is actually sickening.
By the way, the morning checkout front desk person was soooo sweet and kind. I only wished she had been the one to work the night shift. :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Isle of Palms hotel is on the Isle of Palms Connector in Mount Pleasant, just a few miles from the Isle of Palms beaches. Our hotel is next door to the Mount Pleasant Towne Centre Shopping Mall where you will find great restaurants and shops. The historic areas and harbor of Charleston are easily accessible from our hotel from our location in Mount Pleasant, SC, near Boone Hall Plantation. Wake up to a free hot breakfast before you explore Charleston or spend the day on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn and Suites Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Isle Of Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Isle Of Palms Hotel
- Hampton Inn Hotel Charleston
- Hampton Inn Mount Pleasant
- Mount Pleasant Hampton Inn