Hampton Inn and Suites Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Isle Of Palms
Homewood Suites Charleston - Mt Pleasant(Mount Pleasant)(Great Value!)
$159
$143
Very Good 4/5
Courtyard Charleston Mt. Pleasant(Mount Pleasant)(Great Value!)
$125
Courtyard
Very Good 4/5
Comfort Suites at the Isle of Palms Connector(Mount Pleasant)(Great Value!)
$122
ComfortSuites
Great 4.5/5
Red Roof Plus+ Mount Pleasant(Mount Pleasant)(Great Value!)
$103
Very Good 4/5
Quality Inn & Suites Patriots Pt.(Mount Pleasant)(Great Value!)
$112
$119
Great 4.5/5
Shem Creek Inn(Mount Pleasant)(Great Value!)
$179
Great 4.5/5
Best Western Patriots Point(Mount Pleasant)(Great Value!)
$147
$199
  • Pool
Wyndham Garden Charleston Mount Pleasant(Mount Pleasant)(Great Value!)
$143
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsisle of palmsfront deskbreakfast ladiesgrocery storebi logreat hotelthe breakfast arearestaurants and shoppingparking lotexcellent staycomplimentary breakfastconvenient locationfresh fruitpleasant staywafflessouthern hospitalityking suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have stayed here many times and always have enjoyed my experience. While the standard double queen is basically that, standard, I have to say the Suites are sweet!!! I also like the surrounded pool, especially when the kids have gone to bed. The location is great, basically the corner of hghwy 17 and the Isle of Palms Connector, and close to alot of things you need while away from home, ie: Bi-Lo grocery walking distance and many dining also close. Just minutes from the beach and also historic Charleston. The staff for the most part are very pleasant and helpful and provide the service expected at a Hampton. Good stay and I will do it again.

Room Tip: Staying Suite style is the only way to go
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank true7
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Great Hampton Inn, Priced just right for the property and level of service. We stayed here for two nights and could not have been more pleased. Staff was great, always smiling and breakfast was a notch above similar priced hotels.

I hope to return to Charleston SC and stay at this property.

P.S. there is a lot to do with in walking distance, eat, Drink, and Shop and it is easy to get on 526 to be anywhere in Charleston quickly.

The Breakfast does get packed after 9:00 am.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Hampton Inn, Mt. Pleasant. I was on a business trip and the hotel was most convenient to Isle of Palms. From the receptionist who greeted me at the front desk to the wonderful "breakfast ladies" who helped me with breakfast the next morning, every employee I came in contact with was very friendly, smiling and very helpful. My room was large and very comfortable. I had an excellent night's rest and the bathroom was updated. Others have complained that the hotel was not clean but I found it to be very clean and the decor was very attractive. I will certainly stay at this hotel when I am in the area either for business for a pleasure trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We were on vacation and stopped there for one night I thought that in general everything was realy but it might be a bit expensive, room was clean and confortable and employees were freindly. Would consider going again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The owner of this Hampton Inn is barely keeping it up to brand standards and that is my main gripe. The bathrooms are updated and the TV hook-up is Xfinity; those are plusses. The internet connection is good and fast. The room and linens were clean but who doesn't expect that as basic criteria. However, half of the furniture is gone compared to other HIs where I've stayed this year including one on the far west side of Charleston.

There is no desk/work space - as advertised - and no desk chair, no side chair, no floor lamp, only one night stand, no luggage stand, no mini-fridge, no microwave. So, the room looks bare with its two queens with their HI lumpy comforters, one low table in front of a wall-mounted hotel mirror and a small three drawer chest of drawers, two SC prints framed over the beds, and the carpet is getting a bit threadbare. There is an older AC window unit that is noisy but it works.

I decided not to move hotels because of its proximity to my planned activities but I did discuss the quality of the room with the front desk. After reading Tripadvisor reviews of this hotel and the other HI in Mt Pleasant (which apparently doesn't clean your room if you booked through an online broker), I made on-line reservations via Hilton's website. I am a Hilton Honors member and used a AAA discount. I asked the front desk lady if I got a bare room because of the AAA discount. She said 'no' that all 'standard double queen rooms' were furnished like this. I pointed out that other HIs were fully furnished and that their web page mentioned amenities that weren't in the room. She didn't know what the webpage advertised and, while being pleasant enough, she offered nothing else except a shrug.

I'm not in the mood to discuss this with the manager. No one from this place has responded to any TripAdvisor comments good or bad. I will send a letter to Hilton though when I get home. I stay at other chains so I do have other options that I consider have equal or better quality for the same price range.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family