The owner of this Hampton Inn is barely keeping it up to brand standards and that is my main gripe. The bathrooms are updated and the TV hook-up is Xfinity; those are plusses. The internet connection is good and fast. The room and linens were clean but who doesn't expect that as basic criteria. However, half of the furniture is gone compared to other HIs where I've stayed this year including one on the far west side of Charleston.
There is no desk/work space - as advertised - and no desk chair, no side chair, no floor lamp, only one night stand, no luggage stand, no mini-fridge, no microwave. So, the room looks bare with its two queens with their HI lumpy comforters, one low table in front of a wall-mounted hotel mirror and a small three drawer chest of drawers, two SC prints framed over the beds, and the carpet is getting a bit threadbare. There is an older AC window unit that is noisy but it works.
I decided not to move hotels because of its proximity to my planned activities but I did discuss the quality of the room with the front desk. After reading Tripadvisor reviews of this hotel and the other HI in Mt Pleasant (which apparently doesn't clean your room if you booked through an online broker), I made on-line reservations via Hilton's website. I am a Hilton Honors member and used a AAA discount. I asked the front desk lady if I got a bare room because of the AAA discount. She said 'no' that all 'standard double queen rooms' were furnished like this. I pointed out that other HIs were fully furnished and that their web page mentioned amenities that weren't in the room. She didn't know what the webpage advertised and, while being pleasant enough, she offered nothing else except a shrug.
I'm not in the mood to discuss this with the manager. No one from this place has responded to any TripAdvisor comments good or bad. I will send a letter to Hilton though when I get home. I stay at other chains so I do have other options that I consider have equal or better quality for the same price range.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Isle of Palms hotel is on the Isle of Palms Connector in Mount Pleasant, just a few miles from the Isle of Palms beaches. Our hotel is next door to the Mount Pleasant Towne Centre Shopping Mall where you will find great restaurants and shops. The historic areas and harbor of Charleston are easily accessible from our hotel from our location in Mount Pleasant, SC, near Boone Hall Plantation. Wake up to a free hot breakfast before you explore Charleston or spend the day on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn and Suites Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Isle Of Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Isle Of Palms Hotel
- Hampton Inn Hotel Charleston
- Hampton Inn Mount Pleasant
- Mount Pleasant Hampton Inn