“Good Solid Hotel-Enjoyable Experience”

Hampton Inn and Suites Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Isle Of Palms
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good Solid Hotel-Enjoyable Experience”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel many times in the past, but just getting around to giving a review. This is a great hotel: rooms are clean and spacious, staff friendly, beds comfortable, and good breakfast. No Complaints. They are consistent! Bathrooms look to have been recently remodeled. It's close to the Isle of Palm and downtown. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DGMCCULL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
SC
Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

Room was comfortable and reasonably clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Isabel in the breakfast area was especially great, and the desk staff was very nice. location is great heather you're headed to the beach or into Carleston. We will stay here again!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed May 9, 2012

This was my second visit to the Charleston area for business and I stayed at this lovely hotel again. The lobby and breakfast area are so inviting with a southern plantation look and feel. Clean and comfortable rooms and super nice staff! Although I have only been here on business it would be a great place to bring my family too!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank luckyno39
Coconut Creek, Florida
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I love staying at Hampton Inns, but this was one of the yuckiest places I've ever stayed at. It was an older property, which is...ehh, ok, but that was the least of my concerns. Their housekeeping staff leaves much to be desired. The only plus to this hotel was the proximity to the beach, and that didn't matter that much to me because this was a work trip.

Here are some things that I noticed off the bat: The front desk is recessed behind a wall, so you have to really walk into the lobby before you see someone. The CSR at the front was on the phone when I came in, and didn't even look up to acknowledge me. Poor service irks me, so that (combined with previous unheeded warnings about not staying here) immediately sent my flags up. The CSR was courteous enough when she did finally acknowledge me, but wasn't impressive.

The room was an older room, and on first glance, appeared clean. I immediately noticed the Xfinity cable box sitting next to the tv, which made me happy. I tried to turn on the tv, and I couldn't. The remote was there, everything was plugged in, but I couldn't turn it on. I had to call down to the front desk and had to have someone from maintenance come up and "show me the trick" to working the tv. Really? In this day and age? I mentioned the room was older, and that was evident in the bathroom, where I swear the toilet (the entire thing, not just the seat) was going to fall apart every time I even LOOKED at it.

Now, to the real issue. The housekeeping. I realize that the staff is under a serious time crunch, and I get that they don't have time to clean every nook and cranny (even though I'd prefer it!) However, I didn't expect that they wouldn't really clean at all. I had dropped something on the floor accidentally when I was rushing off to work, and when I came back, it wasn't where I had dropped it, so I thought "Oh good, they got it for me. They must think I'm a slob." Not so much. I found the item I had dropped BEHIND THE NIGHTSTAND. Did I mention that it was a dryer sheet? It's not like it was a valuable item or something I might have wanted to keep. I actually was quite disgusted with them for that. I did tweet it to @Hampton, and I did speak to hotel management, and they gave me a credit for one night (which wasn't my goal really). There were other things that clued me in to the lack of cleanliness (like finding my tv guide on the side of the bed after 2 days), but that was the biggest issue.

Overall, I wouldn't go back to this hotel unless there was absolutely no other choice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank pt320
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Ok-I love Hamptons and always stay there. Thus stay was actually average, but poor for a Hampton. To wit-terrible pillows, sofa was old and tired and stained, walking on room carpet with bare feet made you feel icky, closet door roller broken, furniture old and bad hardware, had to go to 3 rooms to get a good one cuz the first had a bad tick in the AC, in the second, "old Musty" was blowin out of the AC. Not my usual Hampton. Front desk-check pool-check breakfast-check rooms-checkmate Not hard to fix the place up to a worthy hampton--do it :-) ps I will still always go to a Hampton if I didnt care, I wouldnt write this-just sayin

Room Tip: Be sure to check the AC out some have weird noises some have fans that dont blow right
1 Thank Michael A
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 25, 2012

My stay at this Mt. Pleasant Hampton location was average...I have very few concerns, but the hotel was much older than other Hamptons that I've stayed at.

My first issue was that the comforter was SO lumpy (think moon surface)! Definitely not a big issue, but with hotels using fewer and fewer linens on the bed, I hesitated to sleep with the comforter. (but knew I'd get cold if I didn't!)

Additionally, I always wind up hittIng the hotel gym...this one was AWFUL!!! SO tiny, and the equipment (the 3 cardio machines) was pretty old. No free weights, no ab/stretching mats, and no free space.

Outside of those 2 concerns, the stay was just fine...breakfast was tasty as always, the rooms were clean, and the furnishings were adequate. The service was AMAZING- loved the hotel staff!

2 Thank XCrun12345
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed April 23, 2012

the hotel was well taken care of and the rooms were very clean. free breakfast is great though they could use a few more tables for when it gets crowded in the morning.

1 Thank CherryBlossom85