This was an overnight getaway for us (we live just 20 minutes away). The hotel itself is older and could stand some updating for sure. The elevator was rather scary, to be honest. I was afraid to step into it....! If you are here to rest get a room facing the parking lot...the waterside is loud on the weekends in the summer. The pros are the location and the pool. The hotel is wedged between Vickery's and Waters Edge restaurants (all on the water), and you can walk over the bridge to the bars on the other side. Paddle boarding and kayaking is available next door, too. I can't see bringing kids here with the bar crowds on Shem Creek, at least not at night. Overall, I don't think I would stay here again....I don't mind a quick 5 minute drive to Shem Creek from the other local hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lowcountry wetlands there is something here for everyone. From bird watching to seeing the change in the tides and watching the gracefullness of the dolphins jumping near the shrimp boats. Let our courteous staff welcome you to your home away from home. Offering you a clean and comfortable atmosphere with outstanding customer service, we are "Charleston's Best kept Secret". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Shem Creek Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shem Creek Hotel Mount Pleasant
- Shem Creek Mount Pleasant
- Shem Creek Sc