I stayed for one night at this location with my mother and mother-in-law this past spring for a "girls getaway", and had a fabulous time. My husband and I recently stayed for two nights and also very much enjoyed ourselves. We had a king room, creek side and had very easy access to the outside bar area of the restaurant next door, which worked out just fine for us! It's a great place, with a fabulous happy hour and great views. Desean checked us in and when my husband asked if they had premium channels, (no, they don't, but I wasn't there to watch television anyway!) the two of them had a "bonding moment", over a shared love of a certain show. It made the experience very personal, and I appreciated Desean's attitude and friendliness.
The room itself was very nice, I have read prior reviews about the noise and the sliding doors not working well. It would seem that these issues have been addressed, because the door locked perfectly and the noise was all but nil once it was closed.
I also love the close proximity to the water taxi into Charleston, and the beautiful walk along the Shem Creek itself. Wonderful, affordable place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lowcountry wetlands there is something here for everyone. From bird watching to seeing the change in the tides and watching the gracefullness of the dolphins jumping near the shrimp boats. Let our courteous staff welcome you to your home away from home. Offering you a clean and comfortable atmosphere with outstanding customer service, we are "Charleston's Best kept Secret". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Shem Creek Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shem Creek Hotel Mount Pleasant
- Shem Creek Mount Pleasant
- Shem Creek Sc