We have been coming to Charleston every year for 15 years or so and always stay in Mount Pleasant. After 4-5 years we decided to try this place and we have stayed at Shem Creek Inn ever since. It is not a luxury hotel by any means. It needed some upgrading and looks like they are doing some things like new locks, sliding glass doors, and A/C. The breakfast is weak compared to places like Hampton Inns but there are many great breakfast places within walking distance. Stay here for the location to downtown and relaxing view of the creek area with it's frolicking dolphins, busy boaters, and folks coming and going to the outdoor bar scene on the creek. We love it here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lowcountry wetlands there is something here for everyone. From bird watching to seeing the change in the tides and watching the gracefullness of the dolphins jumping near the shrimp boats. Let our courteous staff welcome you to your home away from home. Offering you a clean and comfortable atmosphere with outstanding customer service, we are "Charleston's Best kept Secret". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Shem Creek Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shem Creek Hotel Mount Pleasant
- Shem Creek Mount Pleasant
- Shem Creek Sc