I stayed here for 6 nights in early April.
My room faced the marsh and parking lot- this was fine since it was quiet.
The staff was always helpful.
The price was reasonable except for the last night, but there was a bridge race the next day so I assume that this was a supply and demand thing ( I also did not book this room until the night before- I decided to extend my stay by a day).
The fridge in the room was set a tad too cold, some of my food was almost frozen. Other than that no complaints.
Oh, and as mentioned the breakfast is marginal- coffee and cereal mainly. But it is free, so as always you get what you pay for.
I will definitely stay here again next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lowcountry wetlands there is something here for everyone. From bird watching to seeing the change in the tides and watching the gracefullness of the dolphins jumping near the shrimp boats. Let our courteous staff welcome you to your home away from home. Offering you a clean and comfortable atmosphere with outstanding customer service, we are "Charleston's Best kept Secret". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Shem Creek Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shem Creek Hotel Mount Pleasant
- Shem Creek Mount Pleasant
- Shem Creek Sc