First off, we live in Charleston so I'm a bit biased. We needed a night in town with people staying at our house. We love the Shem Creek area and the rate was very good here compared to others.($109 marshside). You have to take it all with a grain of salt because this area is a very popular area at night. especially across the creek, but also in the parking lot. It was a little tough to sleep with some arguments late night outside and an upstairs guest that probably opened and closed their porch sliding door 20 times. The beds seemed small for queens, felt like fulls, but they were springy and the rooms were clean so I can't complain. Just not the best nights sleep for a family of four. Probably should have known better but had never stayed there before and wanted to be a tourist in our own town for a night. Also had to have trash removed from porch after we checked in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lowcountry wetlands there is something here for everyone. From bird watching to seeing the change in the tides and watching the gracefullness of the dolphins jumping near the shrimp boats. Let our courteous staff welcome you to your home away from home. Offering you a clean and comfortable atmosphere with outstanding customer service, we are "Charleston's Best kept Secret". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Shem Creek Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shem Creek Hotel Mount Pleasant
- Shem Creek Mount Pleasant
- Shem Creek Sc