The hotel is not luxurious, the parking lot was unpaved and we tracked in a lot of mud. The room was average. We were happy to see a microwave and refrigerator; however, the refrigerator ended up freezing our food solid! The marsh view was nice, and nicer yet was getting out and walking the boardwalk through the marsh along the rivers edge. From the boardwalk you could see the Ravenel bridge to Charleston. There are a lot of shops and restaurants nearby. Our favorite restaurant was Papa Zuzu's. The continental breakfast was average, but the river view from the eating area was great. There were seagulls in the swimming pool (this was in December, so no one was swimming).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lowcountry wetlands there is something here for everyone. From bird watching to seeing the change in the tides and watching the gracefullness of the dolphins jumping near the shrimp boats. Let our courteous staff welcome you to your home away from home. Offering you a clean and comfortable atmosphere with outstanding customer service, we are "Charleston's Best kept Secret". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Shem Creek Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shem Creek Hotel Mount Pleasant
- Shem Creek Mount Pleasant
- Shem Creek Sc