“Staff is wonderful”

Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Sleep Inns are always one of my choices (being a choicehotel priviledge member) and they always live up to my expectations. But it's the staff that makes the difference. At this property, I first I met Tina who really was just so sweet and helpful -- and then came Carol. Carol was so pleasant and treated us like gold. After being on the road for 8 hours it was wonderful to have these two women greeting us with smiles and such pleasantness. I would stay there again in a second.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CJHardy81
RodneyC42, General Manager at Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. Our staff strives to provide the best in customer service to everyone who stays with us. Tina and Carol certainly appreciate your kind words. We hope to get an opportunity to serve you again on any future trips to Charleston.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Great place to spend a long weekend. The room was clean, bed comfortable, the hotel is well maintained and is a short 20 min drive to downtown. Staff are friendly and welcoming and the hotel has the usual facilities reasonable breakfast, wifi, cable, pool, laundry etc.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank tatterdemalions
RodneyC42, General Manager at Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you for your postive words concerning our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the your visit and were able to get a good nights sleep and enjoy our great breakfast. If you are ever in the area again we hope you will vist us again.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We arrived with no reservation and were welcomed by Receptionist Carol Peterson who helped us greatly accomodating the rate to our budget, advising us on where to dine and giving clear directions to downtown: we felt definitely welcome. The room was clean and pleasant. The only problem was that we could not put off the air conditioning: when, the morning after, we finally tried to unplug it, an alarm went off! A Receptionist was right at our door to help us out and gave us a discount to compensate the discomfort of the cold night. Problems happens, we all know this, but when the response is so prompt and courteous, you definitely cannot complain.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paperoghetto
RodneyC42, General Manager at Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you for sharing your positive experience about our hotel. I will share your positive comments with Carol. Carol always goes above and beyond for all of our guests in the hotel. I am extremely happy in the prompt manner in which we handled your situation with the air conditioning. Thank you for staying at our property and we hope that you will stay with us in the future.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

At first the visit was ok. The room we had to get was a smoking room, but I did know before that this was the only room available. It choked us before we even opened the door. Once we opened the door, OMG! Very strong! I dont see how it smelled that strong. I know people who smoke and thier houses are not that bad! Other than that the room was ok. Beds are small (double) and no view at all (except woods) Breakfast was good and free! Our toliet was overflowing (when we got thier, wasnt even us) and we asked the maid if she has a plunger. She said "no, but I think there is one down the hall in the closet" (we had to hunt one down and use it ourself) The horrible part was when we were checking out we looked behind the bed (between the mattress and headboard) to make sure we didnt leave anything and saw a opened, possibly used condom!!!! I was mortified! We have small kids and what if they would have picked it up?!?! It was awful and just makes me think that it could have been in the bed with us...This shows they dont clean like they should. EVERYONE check behind, under your mattresses (this was in room 208). Complained to the front desk & she did apologize, but didnt offer any kind of resolution to it! I will NEVER stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tmf1018
RodneyC42, General Manager at Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

I apologize for problems that you had during your stay. We have many guests that stay at our hotel and I am dissapointed that you encountered problems during your stay. I assure you that this is not a reflection of the standards at our hotel. I hope that in your future travels you will consider our hotel.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located to Charleston and Isle of Palms and affordable. The room was very inviting and modern; the bed was most comfortable with extra plush pillows in which I had a great night's sleep. The entire hotel was clean and well kept. They have a nice continental breakfast and the staff kept it well stocked. I would definately recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your wonderful words about our hotel. I will share your thoughts with the entire staff at the hotel. We always want to make sure that everyone leaves the hotel with an enjoyable experience and positive thoughts. Please feel free to share your experience with friends and family. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed at the Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant for one night in September 2012 and I would not stay here again. There was a cockroach in the bathroom and I saw a bug crawling on our bed as I was packing up my things to check-out. I just can't do bugs so I won't be back here.

The room was non-smoking but it smelled like it used to be a smoking room. It had a heavily fragranced scent like the management was trying to cover up the fact that it used to be a smoking room. On the upside, the room was huge and it had a refrigerator and microwave. It was also very quiet. The staff seemed nice enough though my interactions with the hotel staff were very brief.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

I am sorry about the problems you had during your recent visit. Thank you for leeting me know about the issues you had in your room. Our number 1 goal is to make sure all of our guests leave our hotel and city with a positive experience. I hope that your were still able to enjoy your stay at our propery and in our beautiful city. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we hope that you will give us another chance on your next visit.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have not stayed here for a couple of years.I was visiting my cousin who is going to a nearby college. The hotel has been updated and refreshed very nice. I would recommend this hotel to anybody who is looking for an affordable hotel with good simple amenities. Easy in and out. Breakfast was complimentary.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
RodneyC42, General Manager at Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you for you wonderful words about our hotel. We appreciate you staying with us and hope that you will share your experience with your friends and neighbors.