“Nice and quiet,good value.”

Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed here one night on our recent road trip.We got coupon book at welcome center and checked this place out and it was a good value at around $60 including a hot breakfast with eggs and most men's favorite-biscuits with sausage gravy!! Carol at front desk was very helpful and nice. My main dislike of this place was the horrible smoke smell on second floor hallway,but he rooms had no smoke smell. Think it was coming from downstairs somewhere as there was an air handler vent when you got off the elevator and it seemed the smell was coming from there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
RodneyC42, General Manager at Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We do offer a quality hotel at a reasonable rate for all our guests. Glad that you enoyed the breakfast and our biscuits and gravy are a very popular breakfast item. I do apoligize about the smell of smoke in the hotel. We do our best to make sure that all of our non-smoking guests are comfortable in the hotel. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed here recently with two cats and the staff was most accomodating. Carol, especially, was very helpful and attentive to my needs. The only partial complaint we had was that the non-smokig room must have once been a smoking room and a slight musk still lingered behind.
Other than that, the room was cozy and clean--- thank you for your great service.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
RodneyC42, General Manager at Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. I will pass on your positve comments about Carol. She really does go above and beyond for our guests. I do apologize for the smell of smoke in your room. Unfortunately we occasionally have guests that smoke in the non-smoking rooms and it takes a few days to get the smell out of the room. We are glad that you had a chance to visit our hotel and city and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Location is excellent. Service was more than friendly and very fast check in. Coneinental breakfast was good but they need a bigger space for all the people to sit. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank silvertraveler65
RodneyC42, General Manager at Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Thank your for your comments about our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Stayed at the Sleep Inn in Mount Pleasant this past weekend on a Friday and Saturday night. The hotel was at capacity as in was Bike Week in Charleston. Yay. The rates were sky high but it is at the height of the season.

The room was a little tired as was the bathroom. My mother commented that she remembered staying at this hotel when it first opened (when I attended the College of Charleston almost ten years ago). I can only guess that the hotel has only been refurbished once or twice since then. The beds were a bit too firm. The walls and ceilings are paper thin. You can hear people slamming their doors all down the hall. On Saturday night, the people above us were having what sounded like a dance party. I was minutes away from calling the front desk to complain when they quieted down.

I didn't have any issues with the wi-fi; a little slow but hey, it's free. We didn't use the swimming pool. Breakfast was OK with the obligatory waffe iron. I thought it was a little sparse otherwise...biscuits with gravy and sausage. Only two kinds of cereal though which was a bit disappointing. But once again, it was free.

Now I had issues with the smell. Supposedly, our floor (and room) was smoke-free. The hall reeked of smoke the whole time. Even my mother who has a notoriously bad sense of smell commented on it. When we came in late on Saturday, our room smelled like smoke as well. Not cool at all.

The staff was 50/50. The girl who checked us in was polite and professional, but somewhat disinterested and uncommunicative. She appeared so because the other desk attendant was very enthusiastic while telling another guest about the various hotel amenities. That's how I heard about how to access the wi-fi because our desk attendant didn't bother to ask if we wanted access it. I think ours told us about the ice machine and the swimming pool, but that was it.

I had further dealings with the staff when I left behind a library book after checking out and when I called to see if it had been found, I was told that she would inform housekeeping and call back IF it was found. My mom ended up calling back and asking for the manager, who very obligingly, went to our room and found the book. When I arrived, I discovered that the desk attendant was the same disinterested girl who checked us in. Someone on their toes would have a.) found someone to cover the desk while going to check for the book or b.) would have gotten the manager in the first place. So as a warning, check with management if you have any issues arise, as they seem to have it together. I do appreciate that the manager found the book though; it was very kind of her to do so.

All in all an average stay. It wasn't the best I've ever had nor was it the worst.

Room Tip: Choose a second floor room so you don't have to deal with any overhead noise. But please, be awa...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank oldhousejunkie
RodneyC42, General Manager at Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to reivew our property during your stay. I do apoligize for the few issues that you had during your stay. I will address the issues with our staff. Our number 1 goal is to make sure that we give 100% when it comes to customer service. I am happy that we were able to retrieve the book that you left at our hotel. We hope that in your future travels to Charleston you will stay with us again.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

We came for a short weekend to relax in Charleston and Sleep Inn in Mt. Pleasant gave us a great place to stay. We were able to take a short drive down the street to see the USS Yorktown battleship and very short distance to everything in downtown Charleston. All the staff were very friendly and made sure that we were comfortable. We would love to come back here and stay again on our next weekend getaway! Great service, great price, and very closely located to all major attractions in Charleston!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for visiting our hotel and our beautiful city. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and had time to visit some of our historic landmarks while you were here. If you ever return to our area please come visit us again.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

Location for those visiting Mt Pleasant is excellent. Service was friendly and effective. Was in my room within 10 mins after arrival. Continental breakfast was good. Will definitely stay there on my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
RodneyC42, General Manager at Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thank you for your kind words about our property. We always offer all of our guests fast, friendly and professional service. We are glad you had a pleasant stay and hope that you will stay with us in the future.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Super value. About a $100/night (Fir., Sat), including taxes.

Location: Very, Very quiet. Cul de sac. No issues with safety or security. About a 5 - 7 minute drive to the water taxi. Only a few minutes to the best restaurants. Hint: With the road construction, bring your GPS.

Staff: Excellent in every respect, especially Carol, at the the front desk. She was so cordial and a wealth of knowledge.

Room: Spacious, clean, LCD flat screen TV. Wi-Fi was a little up and down, sometimes a bit slow. However, we do our research prior to our arrivals and like to avoid our iPads when on vacation. So, no real issue for us.

Breakfast: Good. A bit better than we expected.

Construction Workers? We stayed at this Sleep Inn weekend before last and didn't notice any "apparent" construction guests. The hotel seemed at capacity during our short visit. And from our observations and short visits with other guests, 95% were tourists like us, who were looking to avoid the outrageous prices of Charleston hotels/B&B's.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
TinaWitherell, General Manager at Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We were happy that you were satisfied with the location, rooms and our staff. Carol was delighted to hear about your compliments about her. She does go above and beyond and leaves every guest with a great impression of the hotel and the city. We hope that you will share your experiences with your friends and family. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel in Mount Pleasant, S.C.