Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
MainStay Suites(Mount Pleasant)
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsroom was cleanfront deskwaffleshard boiled eggsfridge and microwavedowntown charlestondesk staffpatriots pointa great place to staynice staythe breakfast arearavenel bridgelocation is greatwould stay here againfree breakfastfolly beachwaterfront park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 28, 2012

During a recent, short visit to Charleston, my husband suggested we take advantage of a coupon deal and book a night at this hotel. I will admit, I was a little unsure about staying here, but recent reviews from Trip Advisor eased my worries. After spending the night here, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

We received excellent service from the front desk. The room was clean and beds were comfortable. Unlike an earlier reviewer, one thing I actually noticed was how soft the sheets were. There is only a shower in the room, not a tub, which might be an issue for some people, but was not a concern to us. Although we didn't need them on this trip, there are microwaves and fridges in the rooms. Breakfast choices included cereal, fruit, muffins, waffles, biscuits and sausage gravy. The breakfast area was kept clean and well stocked.

The hotel is conveniently located across the river from Charleston. It was a quick and easy trip to the Charleston Visitor's Center.

If we ever planned another trip to Charleston in the future, these budget conscious travelers would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Stayed at the holiday inn express for a few days while visiting isle of palms and charleston. HIE was a wonderful experience. We had such a good time we decided to stay an extra night. HIE was full so we booked sleep inn in mt. Pleasant because there were rooms available and it was inexpensive. Bad decision. The hallway to our room smelled musty. Our nonsmoking rooms smelled like stale smoke. Room was outdated, as in 1985 decor. Bedspread had stains and cigarette burns. The carpet was dirty with cigarette burns and stains. Bed was very uncomfortable. Sheets were rough,not soft. I was itching throughout the night like I was being bitten. I could not wait to get out of there the next morning. Dont waste your money on this place. Worst place I have ever stayed!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Ccornwell80
TinaWitherell, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Mount Pleasant, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our property. I would
like to apologize for the issues you had while staying with us. I can assure
you that if at any point we were aware of any problems we would have done
our best to correct them. We're always trying to improve ourselves and make
our guests happy. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and
they will be addressed immediately. We hope that if you visit our area in
the future that you consider our hotel.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

Rooms recently remodeled, good bedding and electronics, bathroom a little older

Never any cold water from the tap

Good staff and very quiet comfortable room, TONS of restaurants and retail nearby. Mt Pleasant is a better place to stay for many parts of Charleston area- transportation is easier there even considering the US 17 construction!

Pool not open even though it was warm enough I wanted to take a dip

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Every area of this hotel that I encountered was very nice. The outside of the hotel is attractive-looking. There is a computer for public-use in the lobby. The hallways smelled like they were recently painted. The breakfast room was clean and comfortable with a large flat-screen tv.

Our room (112) was quiet and very well appointed. All of the furniture, carpeting, and appliances were attractive and seemed new. I found the pillows to be extremely comfortable! There was a large flatscreen tv with plenty of stations (however I found it difficult to change the channel; I had to point the remote at an odd angle). There is a microwave and refrigerator, which we did not use, but they seemed nice. The bathroom is a little different. The sink (with granite countertop) is open to the room, and then there is a sliding door to the toilet and shower. The toilet/shower room did not seem recently renovated, but I did not have any complaints. The shower did not have as much hot water as I would have liked. My shower started out comfortable, then got tepid, then became a little warmer towards the end of my shower. Who knows, maybe I was just using the shower at a peak time.

The free wireless internet worked very well. The free breakfast was standard: juice/coffee/tea, waffle maker, apples, donuts, bagels, oatmeal, yogurt, biscuits & gravy. I thought that the biscuits were pretty good.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Our 2nd visit to Charleston. We did not need downtown accomodations, so this was a perfect choice. The locale near Ravenal Bridge made it easy to explore in all directions. Be aware that all of US-17 in Mt. Pleasant is under construction and traffic is a problem. Carol at the front desk was very helpful in sorting out our dinner plans. Rooms were clean and well maintained.
Typical, average breakfast.