“On the Waterfront”
Review of Water's Edge

Water's Edge
Reserve with OpenTable
Water's Edge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 333 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Coleman Boulevard
Description: Water's Edge is located on scenic Shem Creek, bringing "Downtown Dining" to the Mount Pleasant area. Just minutes from historic Downtown Charleston, Water's Edge offers both waterfront and outdoor dining where guests can view the local fish and shrimp boats unloading their daily catches.
Gurnee, Illinois
“On the Waterfront”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

After our Ft. Sumter tour (from Patriots point) the quick drive here for an early evening dinner was convienent. Parking was a challenge even for a Wednesday but we managed in our small rental coupe. Seating was quick for two and we were seated in the room closest to the pier so wehadf a great view of the boats coming in and cleaning thier catch at the end of the day (for a Charleston harbor view you got to go a couple doors down). Lots of room on the deck outside if your just coming in for a causal drink or appitizer.

Our service was decent although they were busy. Food; waited till my 3rd day in Charleston before getting the S&G's. Was worth the wait. They were tasty. Shared the portobello appitizer which was ok but i'd go with seafood next time. The wife enjoyed her seafood paella too. Overall I think it fit the seafood stereotype pretty well and I'd go back.

• Visited May 2013

Memphis, Tennessee
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

After our sunset dolphin cruise we walked straight into Water's Edge for a lovely seafood pasta and steak!
The staff was very friendly and the property was clean and orderly.

Visited August 2013
Amherst, Virginia
“Average”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We went here for lunch while on vacation. The restaurant has a great view of the water and offers indoor and outdoor seating. We saw a few dolphins while we were there! The staff was very friendly and the service was good. However, we were not as impressed with the food. We ordered the shrimp dip as an appetizer and it didn't have as much flavor as we were expecting. The seafood Alfredo was average. My boyfriend had the blackened mahi sandwich. The sandwich was good but the tarter sauce had an unusual flavor and weird consistency. This is a good place for lunch but I'm not sure if we will return.

• Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not worth the money but great view”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I'm not hard to please. At all. In fact, I've been a server both in family & fine-dining restaurants for years. I don't make a lot of money so when I dine out (like, REALLY dine out...like on our mini-"vacation" we decided yesterday for the weekend!), I guess I expect decent food & service. Our server - she didn't give her name which is weird considering we're in the real south - wasn't friendly; in fact, my husband & I felt more of an inconvenience than welcomed. I ordered the baked STUFFED chicken and asked server to leave off goat cheese (yes, only person from Asheville that doesn't like goat cheese), but that the sundried tomatoes & spinach were good to be left in the stuffed chicken. My husband is the fish eater so he chose the most expensive fish entree: the paella (~$30.00). We get our food and the presentation is shameful. The paella mix was all over the bowl and lumps of lobster. Not a good presentation for ~$30.00. My entree...also shameful. I got no "stuff" in my stuffed chicken and the tomatoes & spinach weren't on the plate. The mashed potatoes were cold, sadly, and the chicken...well, i could've flavored better at home, if I were at home. I told the server it was unfortunate I got no "stuff" with my stuffed chicken and she just brushed it off...no, "hey, let me get my manager" or "hey, im very sorry, i didn't know" but she said later it was all cooked together (goat cheese, tomatoes & spinach) so that's why it was left off. As a Chef of a touristy dining business, at least give your customers SOME of what they pay for. The $80 bill was not worth the experience and that's very sad. Good luck.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank mindyandtim
“brunch”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The brunch table needed a lot of attention. Food had dried up. I can't believe these restaurants with such a good location can't be the best.

Visited August 2013