“Stunningly beautiful and interesting”
Review of Cypress Gardens

Cypress Gardens
More attraction details
Owner description: Visitors can wander through these beautiful gardens or tour cypress-lined swamps by flat-bottomed boat.
Brighton, United Kingdom
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Stunningly beautiful and interesting”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is definitely an attaction for adults and mature children, but it's such a wonderful place that I don't think I am poetic enough to describe it. The sun glistening through the trees onto the water, through which swim alligators and turtles, while you row a boat silently through the swamp -- it's just perfect.
And on top of that, a fascinating museum telling you about the slaves held at this location by the families that owned them. Great!

Visited September 2012

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Loved it”
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

What a peaceful place. I took my mother and we rented a boat by ourselves and paddled thru the marked swamp. It was easy and was a great place to see the beautiful water lillies. The man we met that put us on the boat, was so nice and gave us some great info. He said we may not see any gators because it was to warm for them right now, but we were surprised to see a large gator on a log..it's just amazing to see them in the wild and so close without having anything between us. My mother was in awe and so was I. I'll be back to bring my kids. They would love it.

2 Thank TraceyM370
Concord, North Carolina, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful place but don't expect to see gardens unless its certain time of year”
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I went in September. It's very beautiful, they have a great butterfly house, small aquarium and you can take a boat ride or a hike around swamp. It's very pretty and very relaxing. However the wedding garden and the camellia garden were not in bloom. So great place to visit but don't expect flower unless its blooming time of year. Go for beauty of swamp or go to the plantations for traditional gardens

Plainville, Connecticut
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“Great Butterflies and row around the Swamp!”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We visited on a hot and humid Monday. It was very quiet. We got $1 off admission with AAA. There is also military discount. The lady who took our fee was friendly and informative. The cockatoos and African grays were pretty. The small terrarium/ aquarium ( Swamparium!! ) had some interesting fish and reptile species. There are three large alligators housed outside. The butterfly house was fantastic with about 6 types of butterflies and 4-5 different types small birds. The row around the swamp was nice; interesting vegetation, thousands of water lilies, great trees, two bridges to row under, one alligator, several turtles and egrets. It was a very pleasant visit. I suspect that it is spectacular in March-May when the azaleas and other bushes and flowers are in full bloom. Young children (6-12) seemed delighted. There is a small gift shop and snack area. You can see most of it in 2-3 hours or so.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank BillP1123
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Boy o boy!”
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

What a blast! I could go over and over again! The walk through the gardens in this swamp land is just amazing! Take a paddle boat out and enjoy your little marshy ride. The staff is polite and it's beautiful to see. I must admit the most beautiful time to go is the middle if spring!