“Go at Christmas they have a great presintation of a histoical xmas.”

Historic Brattonsville
More attraction details
Owner description: This 775-acre Revolutionary War living history site is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and features more than 30 historic structures. The site chronicles the development of the Carolina Piedmont from the 1750s through the 1840s, includes African-American interpretation and hosts the annual reenactment of the Revolutionary War Battle of Huck's Defeat, which took place here 225 years ago.Historic Brattonsville includes a Heritage Farm Program and Walt Schrader Trails.
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We did the Christmas recreation it was great. It took about 3 hours to do going house to house from the top guy all they way to the slave houses.This is a well restored location. WARNING it is truly haunted.,

There are newer reviews for Historic Brattonsville

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Nice representation of life during the Revolutionary War. Nice gift shop and interesting buildings. Check their website for special events. Encampments are fun for entire family.

1  Thank FrequentDinerSC
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We enjoyed the candlelight Christmas at Historic Brattonsville. It was especially interesting for my family since we are descendants of very old families from Osceola, SC and Union County NC. My Mom's family is German and my Dad's family is Scotch-Irish. These are the very people they discuss during this Christmas event at Brattonsville. They discuss how the early settlers experienced the Christmas holiday- Presbyterians vs. Lutherans. It was very interesting. My husband and I enjoyed it as did our 8 year old son.

If you do go to the Christmas event, be sure to go back on another day visit to more thoroughly investigate the site. You can get a much better sense of the place during the day, but there is a whole different night experience that is also very valuable.

Also, a flashlight might be nice to help navigate the pathways. The tree roots can be a challenge, especially if you are not sure-footed.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

History at it's best! Relive the Revolutionary war, and look for Mel Gibson, too! A fun afternoon, back in time!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We were staying in Charlotte (June 2009) and I read about this plantation. I had to go -- LOVE HISTORY!! Bring your walking shoes (and light raingear in our case) so you can move with ease around this huge site. There are houses, slave quarters, barns, cabins, cotton gins, horses, kitchens, battlements and so much more to see here!
As you're walking and touring along, you'll meet up with period-dressed folk showing you how to do something from the past or how life was. We met up with a couple of work gals who were making pot pourri satchels & pomanders. They were using lavender (my favorite) and they showed me how to make my own (which I still have). I hope to visit here again when a reenactment or other exhibit is going on. ENJOY!

2  Thank Regina D