“Journey into the past”

T.W. Graham & Company Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Closed Mondays. Opened for lunch Tuesday through Sunday 11-3. Opened for dinner Thursday, Friday, Saturday 530-930. Brunch Sundays.
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Today for lunch we were at this restaurant in McClellanville is just 40 minutes drive from Charleston, where it seems that time has stopped 30 years ago. The place is beautiful with an atmosphere out of the ordinary. I ate the shrimp and flounder fish really good. With the dessert ends with a flourish. We'll be back as soon as possible

Reviewed December 11, 2013

We read the reviews and while touring through McClellanville on out day to the Hampton plantation we stopped. The oysters and shrimp were fresh so we opted for them. The fried oysters were perfect. We had the shrimp both fried and grilled either was a great choice as they were caught that morning. Fried Okra was also good (not a real Okra fan). Cole slaw with vinegar base was very tasty. Don't miss it if in the area.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I absolutely love this place. I love the atmosphere, the menu, the location, all of it. The chowder is excellent, so are the grouper fingers and crab balls. Fried shrimp and fried green tomato salad is my "go-to" meal. Fried or broiled seafood platter is superb, great oysters, everything is always super fresh. Sandwiches are good, too. Thursday night is "cantina night" with Mexican themed dishes--fish tacos, and the like. And definitely save room for some Pawley's Island pie or key lime pie for dessert. This place is unpretentious and consistently delicious. Shrimp and grits served at brunch on Sundays are not to be missed.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

If you're making the trip from Myrtle Beach to Charleston, SC, make sure you stop here for a meal. You won't be disappointed. From the crab balls appetizer, to the fried shrimp and okra, ending with the Pawley Island pie, it's all good. Very good. Even the condiments deserve recognition. My husband practically ate the cocktail sauce like soup, he liked it so much. Oh, yeah, the actual soup -- the seafood corn chowder -- was spectacular as well. They do close in between lunch and dinner. But that's ok because while you are waiting for them to reopen at 5:30, you can explore the charming little town, which is featured in Forest Gump. Check out the shrimp boats and the "deer" oak tree. There's also a cute little shop a few doors down from the restaurant that's owned by the chef's wife.

2  Thank TanyaIrwin123
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We sought out this restaurant because of internet reviews I'd seen. My travel partner is an "anything" seafood person, so I thought it was worth a try. We were on our way to Charleston from Myrtle Beach and weren't too hungry, so decided to try just appetizers...and if they were good, we'd stop by on the way back to Myrtle Beach and try dinner. I ordered grouper fingers and my friend ordered shrimp...fried. My grouper fingers were fried with a delicate batter. The sauce was a little different than tartar sauce. The menu listed "seahorse" sauce...and it was pretty tasty. My friend was very happy with the shrimp appetizer. The shrimp were not huge, but were fried "just right" with again, a delicate batter. We decided it was definitely worth a short trip off the highway to visit the next day.
Dinner is only served on Friday and Sat. evenings. The restaurant opened at 5:30pm and we were there. By the time we left, there were people waiting in line. My friend ordered the shrimp dinner and was not disappointed. I am not such a seafood nut, and decided to try the pimiento cheese burger that someone was raving over the day before. It was wonderful! The tomato actually fit the burger, the burger was done "just right", and the cheese was indeed as good as the menu claims. My friend even ordered some of the crab balls to take out. When they were eaten later they were good...even cold.
This is not a fancy restaurant. We ate the first day at a "community" table and enjoyed visiting with a couple locals. 'Great experience. The food was excellent and the price was reasonable. We were too full for dessert...even though the pies certainly looked good.